IRP Postdoctoral Fellowships for Swiss and International Young Scientists, and applications are submitted till 31st October each year. IRP Foundation is offering postdoctoral fellowships to young scientists for the basic and clinical research related to spinal cord injury and neuroregeneration. Fellowships are awarded to scientists from Switzerland who want to join an outstanding laboratory or clinic abroad or from abroad and who wish to work in Switzerland. A fellowship for up to two years will be allocated with a yearly living allowance of 70,000 Swiss Francs plus a yearly travel and research allowance of up to 9,000 Swiss Francs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland and Abroad
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for basic and clinical research related to spinal cord injury and neuroregeneration.
Deadline: 31st October each year.
Funded By: IRP Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IRP Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Swiss and international applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Subsidies are of the following types: -A fellowship for up to 2 years in an outstanding basic research laboratory specialised in one or several aspects of CNS and spinal cord lesions and repair
, preferentially in mammals. A 3rd year may be attributed to a fellow who returns to Switzerland from abroad. -A 1 year fellowship in a clinical research laboratory situated in the fields of diagnosis and acute lesion management of spinal cord injury, including surgery, neurology, urology, rehabilitation and other areas related to paraplegia.
‣ Scholarship covers: Living allowance: 70’000 CHF/year -Research and travel allowance: up to 9’000 CHF/year -Family support and child allowances can be paid depending on the fellow’s situation. -Laboratory financial backing to be discussed on a per case basis.
‣ In order to promote basic and clinical research related to spinal cord injury and neuroregeneration, the IRP Foundation provides IRP Postdoctoral Fellowships to young scientists who are either: From Switzerland and who want to join an outstanding laboratory or clinic abroad, or from abroad and who wish to work in Switzerland.
‣ From Switzerland and who want to join an outstanding laboratory or clinic abroad, or -From abroad and who wish to work in Switzerland.
‣ Applicants must have a research doctorate (PhD) or a doctoral degree in medicine (MD).
‣ Applicants must have at least one lead author article published or accepted for publication.
‣ The project proposed by the applicant should be endorsed by a senior investigator of the host University or Hospital. In addition it should clearly state the innovative aspects in terms of original questions and techniques to be learned.
‣ IRP provides support for maximum three years. A renewal is not possible. The grantee must work full-time in research in the host institution. After each year of support, fellows must, within 3 months, submit a detailed scientific report of their research endorsed by the research supervisor.
‣ At the end of the training, IRP post-doctoral fellows who want to set up a laboratory of research in Switzerland might be invited to apply to the IRP Foundation for a contribution towards the purchase of laboratory equipment.
Applications will be screened by the IRP/IFP Scientific Committee and evaluated on the following criteria:
‣ Training potential of the fellowship and potential of the laboratory’s area of research
‣ Accomplishments of the candidate;
‣ Quality of the host laboratory/endorsement by the host University;
‣ Scientific originality and quality of the proposal
‣ Information given by the candidate regarding his/her motivation and goals.
‣ The IRP/IFP Scientific Committee evaluates applications by February of the following year. The winners of IRP/IFP Post-doctoral Fellowships are named by the IRP and IFP foundation boards in March, funds being available by the second semester of the same year.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online. http://www.irp.ch/web/form/fellowship/
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st October each year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about IRP Postdoctoral Fellowships