IRENA Scholarship Programme for International Students , and applications are submitted till 31st May 2016.The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is now accepting applications for IRENA scholarship programme from international students. This two-year scholarship funded by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is targeted to aspiring Master’s students with a desire to work in the field of renewable energy and contribute to the implementation of IRENA’s mandate. Up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are awarded this scholarship at Masdar Institute every year, with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.Scholarship students may study in any one of the nine Master’s degree programs offered at Masdar Institute and will profit from the interaction with IRENA experts. The scholarship cores : 100% of all tuition fees , All required textbooks , A laptop , Housing , Monthly stipend , Health insurance , Annual return ticket home (if applicable) , Possibility for first-hand experience with IRENA through an internship , Excellent networking potential , Exclusive access to the IRENA Lecture Program . Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology | United Arab Emirates.
Level: Master's Degree
Field(s): research project relevant to renewable energies and can select between following eight MSc Programmes. The study is completed with a Master thesis. The eight MSc programme are Chemical Engineering, Computing and Information Science, Electrical Power Engineering, Engineering Systems and Management, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Microsystems Engineering, Water and Environmental Engineering
Funded By: The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Deadline: 31st May 2016.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): IRENA Scholarship Programme is targeted for International students (priority will be given to applicants from developing countries)
.Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: In an effort to promote human capital development, up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are annually awarded IRENA scholarships at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI).
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is applicable for two years.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The IRENA Scholarship benefits include the following:
‣ In an effort to promote human capital development, up to 20 highly-accomplished applicants are annually awarded RENA Scholarship Programme at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI), with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
‣ Scholarship students received one of eight Master of Science Programmes offered at MASDAR Institute.
‣ The IRENA scholars will also be able to attend an exclusive high-level lecture programme, aimed at presenting the latest developments in the field of renewable energies.
‣ All necessary information pertaining to the MSc Programmes, entry requirements and the selection process can be found in the text below.
‣ Special consideration will be given to applicants from developing countries as part of a concerted effort to support countries severely affected by today’s overriding challenges: energy access, energy security and climate change.
To be eligible for the IRENA Scholarship Programme, candidates should have
‣ Relevant undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology.
‣ Minimum CGPA required: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
‣ Competence in spoken and written English. Minimum TOEFL score: 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL.
‣ Minimum academic IELTS score: 6.5.
‣ Minimum GRE quantitative score: 700(or 155 on the new scale).
‣ Academic record and credentials must indicate the ability to achieve distinction.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Interested students can apply online for an IRENA MSc Scholarship directly through MASDAR Institute’s website.
‣ Applications have to be submitted electronically. All required proofs and certificates have to be sent to MASDAR Institute.
‣ A list of the required documents can be found on MASDAR Institute’s website.
‣ Please note that you have to indicate your interest in an IRENA Scholarship on Masdar Institute online application form by ticking the appropriate box.
‣ Otherwise you will apply for a common MASDAR scholarship and you will not be able to benefit from IRENA’s Lecture Programmes and other advantages.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date 31st May 2016. Applications will not be considered for evaluation if completed after the deadline.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about IRENA Scholarship Programme
2015, 2017, developing countries, Engineering, International, Master's, Scholarship, UAE