International Student Retention Scholarships at Portland State University in USA , and applications are submitted till July 15th for fall term, October 15 for winter term and February 15 for spring term. The state of Oregon is offering partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world who have completed at least one term of studies at PSU. Applicants receive $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter and spring terms. Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 GPA at Portland State University and graduate recipients must maintain a 3.00 GPA at Portland State University. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate or Graduate Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the Portland State University.
Deadline: The scholarship is awarded in Fall, Winter and Spring terms only. The application deadlines are as follows: July 15th for fall term, October 15 for winter term and February 15 for spring term.
Funded By: State of Oregon
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International Student Retention Scholarships are targeted forInternational students (must have been enrolled and have completed at least some specific period in PSU according to each level)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: These partial tuition scholarships are offered for a maximum of six terms.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship amount is $1,000 per term, or the total amount of tuition, whichever is less, for a maximum of 6 consecutive terms. Awards are subject to continued funding availability and are not guaranteed.
‣ The International Student Retention Scholarships (ISRS), made possible through funding from the State of Oregon, offers partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world. Recipients receive a $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter, and spring terms.
‣ International students, who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence are encouraged to apply for the ISRS.
An applicants must: -
‣ Be an Undergraduate student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 3 terms, an Undergraduate transfer student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term, or a graduate student who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term. Students who are co-enrolled at another local institution are eligible to receive the scholarship. Students restricted to English as a Second Language (ESL) coursework are not eligible to receive the scholarship until they have met the English Language Proficiency requirements.
‣ Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) on all Portland State University coursework (not including transfer credits).
‣ Have clearly defined degree goals and be making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree program.
‣ Hold an F-1 student visa and be maintaining that status.
‣ The following categories are not eligible for this scholarship: U.S. Citizens, resident aliens, or anyone who meets the eligibility test for receiving U.S. Federal Financial Aid, students who pay resident (in-state) tuition, students receiving other fee remission awards (including graduate assistantships and ICSP) and those with Employment Authorization Documents (except those through Economic Hardship).
‣ International students who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence, are encouraged to apply for the International Student Retention Scholarship.
‣ Selection is based on demonstration of financial need, depth and quality of essay, Grade Point Average and recommendation letters.
‣ Applicants should apply by post. To apply, you must submit the application form (PDF) and documents listed on the application form. You must be a current PSU student to apply for ISRS. Please do not complete this application form if you are a prospective student.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The scholarship is awarded in Fall, Winter and Spring terms only. The application deadlines are as follows: July 15th for fall term, October 15 for winter term and February 15 for spring term.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like