International Student Excellence Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, and applications are submitted till 10 November 2015. Victoria University of Wellington is offering excellence scholarships for international students who are currently studying an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington. The number of scholarships available will vary from year to year. Each scholarship is valued at $5,000. Selection will be based on academic achievement, leadership and/or engagement with the community. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Victoria University of Wellington | New Zealand
Level: postgraduate study
Field(s): any of the courses available at Victoria University of Wellington.
Deadline: 10 November 2015
Funded By: Victoria University of Wellington
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International Student Excellence Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: The number of scholarships available will vary from year to year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Successful recipients can only receive the scholarship once during their degree.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each scholarship is valued at $5,000. Subject to funding availability.
‣ The Int'al Student Excellence Scholarship offered by Victoria University of Wellington is based on academic achievement, leadership and/or engagement with the community.
‣ The purpose of this Scholarship is to recognise and reward excellence and engagement of currently enrolled international students who have a strong academic record and leadership potential.
‣ Applications will also be considered from international students who are in their final year of a Victoria undergraduate degree and are continuing on to postgraduate study at Victoria University of Wellington.
Selection Criteria for International Student Excellence Scholarships
The scholarships will be awarded based on the basis of:
‣ Achieving an Academic Progress Grade (APG) of 7.0 (A-) or above. The APG is calculated on the two most recent trimesters. First year undergraduate students are eligible to apply in their second trimester.
‣ Demonstrated leadership and/or community engagement. Leadership and community engagement may include, but is not limited
to, active participation in the University’s leadership programmes, buddy or mentoring programmes or other types of service that positively contributes to the wider community.
‣ Confirmation will be sent by email to the successful recipient(s) in early December.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Students who wish to be considered for this scholarship must submit the following via post:
‣ Scholarship Applications due on 10 November 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.