International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for International Students to Pursue Masters Degree by Research and Three Years for a Doctoral Research Degree at University of Adelaide in Australia, 2013-2014. Full details:
School: University of Adelaide/ Australia
Level: Masters, Doctoral Research Degree
Field(s):Engineering and Environmental Sciences, Biological and Agriculture Sciences, Humanities, Law and Creative Arts, Mathematical, Information and Computing Sciences, Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences and Medical and Health Sciences
Deadline: 31 August 2013
Funded by:Commonwealth Government through the Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
Beneficiaries(Target Group):Scholarship is open to Students of any nationality.
‣ Approximately 15 International Postgraduate Research Scholarships may be available in 2014 for international students from any country.
‣ What does it cover? Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only)
‣ All successful IPRS Scholarship applicants will also receive an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) which provides an annual living allowance of approximately $23,728 (2012 value) for the normal duration of the program; and
‣ If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship.
‣ If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
‣ Commonwealth scholarship holders are exempt from visa application fees.
‣ The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) scheme is funded by the Commonwealth Government through the Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
‣ Its purpose is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in higher education institutions to support Australia’s research effort.
‣ Approximately 15 scholarships may be available in 2014 for international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in areas of University research strengths.
To qualify for International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Adelaide University , candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
‣ Applicants should hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year.
‣ Other criteria that will be taken into consideration is undergraduate performance, bachelor and honours awards and scholarships, other postgraduate degrees, publications in refereed journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
‣ Applications for these scholarships are always highly competitive. Generally IPRS recipients have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
‣ Selection criteria: International Postgraduate Research Scholarship will be awarded on academic merit and to applicants applying research strength. Extra-curricular achievements will not be considered.
‣ Applicants will be notified by email by the end of November 2013 regarding the outcome of their scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ The next deadline for applications is 31 August 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedures, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
You may also like