International PhD Studentship in Criminology at Cardiff University in UK, 2014. and applications are submitted till 1 August 2014. Cardiff University is accepting application for International PhD Studentship in Criminology. This studentship is open to students who are classed as international for the purpose of tuition fee status. Candidates should have an excellent academic background in the social sciences, holding a 1st or upper 2nd class degree and have completed or be currently completing a relevant Masters degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Cardiff University | UK
Level: PhD Research Program
Deadline: 1 August 2014
Funded By: Cardiff University, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International PhD Studentship in Criminology is targeted for International students (Non EU)
‣ Award No:1 PhD studentship will be available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Studentship is awarded for a period of three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The studentship will support full-time study over a period of three years, including: -A contribution to living costs of £7000 p.a. (for three years); -Tuition fees equal to the cost of overseas fees for three years paid in full; -and a contribution towards travel and research costs not exceeding £1,000.
‣ International PhD Studentship in Criminology applications are being sought for a prestigious, full-time PhD Studentship in Criminology, to be based in the Cardiff School of Social Sciences at Cardiff University, to begin in October 2014.
‣ The Cardiff School of Social Sciences is pleased to announce the launch of a new International PhD Studentship for 2014 and welcomes applications from prospective candidates.
‣ The studentship will cover the full cost of overseas fees and a £7000 annual contribution to living expenses.
‣ Academic criteria: Candidates should have an excellent academic background in the social sciences, holding a 1st or upper 2nd class degree and have completed or be currently completing a relevant Masters degree.
The Studentship will be awarded to successful applicants who fulfill the following criteria:
‣ The subject of the proposed PhD research must fall within the areas highlighted above.
‣ University is especially interested in funding work with an international comparative dimension.
‣ A first class undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualification in an area relevant to the focus of the studentship.
‣ Applicants must complete and submit the following documentation by the deadline of 12.00 noon Friday, 1st August 2014. Note that the deadline is absolute and applications received after this specified time and date will not be accepted.
‣ Submit a completed application form for admission to doctoral study in the School of Social Sciences – submitted to the Academic Registry via the online admissions portal. (Please specify the School of Social Sciences – Research Degree – Doctor of Philosophy (Social Sciences) [Full-time] with a start date of October 2014)
‣ Submit the following documentation (attached to a single email with the subject International Criminology PhD Studentship) to Vicky Parkin atParkinva-at-cardiff.ac.uk and also upload to your online application record.
‣ A letter of application to the School, stating your reasons for wishing to pursue PhD study.
‣ A short abstract of the proposed PhD study (maximum 500 words)
‣ A full research proposal for the PhD study (maximum 1500 words, excluding references) A CV
‣ Official transcripts of previous higher education degrees
‣ Two academic references
‣ Copies of English Language certificates (if applicable) – a minimum score of 7.00 IELTS (or equivalent) is required for postgraduate research at the School.
‣ Applicants whose first language is not English are required to pass an English test at a high level prior to their admission being confirmed, conditional offers based on future results will not be made.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.