International PhD Scholarships at Life Science Zurich Graduate School. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Life Science Zurich Graduate School | Switzerland
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Any one of the courses offered by the school.
Deadline: December 1st 2013 and July 1st 2014.
Funded By: Life Science Zurich Graduate School
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International PhD Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of PhD program is four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Research groups within the Life Science Zurich Graduate School provide financial support in accordance with the PhD student salary set by the Swiss National Science Foundation (at present CHF 42’000.- in the 1st year; 45’000.- in the 2nd year; 48’000.- in the 3rd and 4th year). Please note that these are gross amounts from which approx. 15 % will be deducted for social security, taxes, etc., not including the private health insurance which is compulsory (approx. 250.- to 300.-/month depending on the scheme you choose). The income is generous compared to international standards and sufficient to make a decent living in Zurich. Living costs (including accommodation, health insurance, transport, meals) sum up to approx. CHF 2’000 per month.
‣ The school consists of thirteen highly competitive PhD programs, run jointly by the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich, and aims to attract the most promising young students from across the world.
‣ Students accepted into the programs will receive a comprehensive and challenging PhD education that will allow them to develop into tomorrow’s leaders in biological research. If that sounds like fun, then you are the type of student they are looking for.
International PhD Scholarships
‣ To be eligible for the PhD programs of the Life Science Zurich Graduate School, applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent from a university in the field of natural sciences, medical sciences, computer sciences or engineering.
‣ Applicants admitted to the programs will have to register with either the University of Zurich or the ETH Zurich, depending on the affiliation of their future mentor.
‣ Applicants will be assessed on the basis of their application and the letters of recommendation.
‣ Short-listed candidates will be invited for a three-day interview in Zurich.
‣ The school will reimburse travel expenses and provide free accommodation in Zurich.
‣ Interview dates for December 1st deadline: 5 – 7 February 2014 and for July 1st deadline: 3 – 5 September 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 01 December 2013 and July 1st, 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...