International PhD Positions in Biological Sciences in Germany , and applications are submitted till October 14, 2014. Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology and Friedrich Miescher Laboratory Tuebingen are inviting applications for available International Germany PhD positions in the Biological Sciences. Approximately 20 new PhD students join the program each year. All PhD positions are fully funded for up to 4 years, either through stipends from the Max Planck Society or employment contracts. The PhD Program will reimburse travel cost and provide free room and board for the interviews. Assistance with visa formalities will also be provided. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Tuebingen, University of Leicester | Germany
Level: PhD Programme
Field(s): Biological Sciences
Deadline: October 14, 2014.
Funded By: Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology and Friedrich Miescher Laboratory Tuebingen, Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International PhD Positions in Biological Sciences are targeted to highly qualified students from Germany and any other country.
‣ Award No: Approximately 20 new PhD students join the program each year
.‣ Scholarship Duration: All PhD positions are funded for up to 4 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: All PhD positions are fully funded for up to 4 years, either through stipends from the Max Planck Society or employment contracts. On average, PhD students can expect to have a disposable income of approximately 1450€ per month, from which health insurance costs have to be deducted. Additional subsidies may be available, based on personal circumstances. The International PhD Program does not charge tuition or fees. Students wishing to enroll at the University of Tübingen charge minimal fees (approximately €110/semester). The PhD Program will reimburse travel cost and provide free room and board for the interviews. Assistance with visa formalities will also be provided.
‣ University of Tübingen, approximately 100 International PhD Positions in Biological Sciences for students from all over the world are working on their PhDs at the Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology and the Friedrich Miescher Laboratory.
‣ They profit from an interdisciplinary environment and first-rate scientific resources. Dedicated support and educational programs foster the scientific growth of doctoral students.
‣ Applicants must hold or expect to obtain a Diploma or MSc degree in a relevant subject by the time they begin their PhD. B.Sc.
‣ Students graduating within the top 10% of their class from a German university with independent research experience may also be eligible.
‣ In exceptional cases, students from international 4-year B.Sc. programs with additional qualifications may also be admitted. However, in these cases additional requirements (courses, seminars, exams or a research report) must be fulfilled.
‣ The program language is English.
‣ Applicants must demonstrate English written and oral communication skills during the application process.
‣ Requirements General GRE - Graduate Record Examinations – score.
‣ Applicants who do not hold a university degree from a College or University within the European Higher Education Area must submit a GRE general or relevant subject score.
‣ A copy of the official score report is sufficient for the application.
‣ The official score report is required for the interview. GRE Institution Code is 4791.
‣ In general, successful applicants have scored above 152 (500 pre-2011) on the verbal test and above 155 (700 pre-2011) on the quantitative test.
‣ All applicants will be informed of the initial status of their application no more than 6 weeks after completing the application. Applicants not requiring a visa may be invited to interviews on short notice.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ The application package consists of three components:
1. Application form
2. Certificates submitted in one pdf-file;
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 14, 2014 for round 3.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.