International Nursing Scholarship for Pre-PhD in Research Excellence, Hong Kong ,and applicantions are submitted till 11 Apr 2014. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is offering international Nursing scholarship for Pre-PhD in research excellence (INSPPIRE) for local and international students who are interested to study their PhD programme in Hong Kong. Maximum 20 international plus 5 local candidates will be awarded. Awardees will join a two-week pre-PhD training programme from 7 – 18 July 2014 to learn about the School’s research areas. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Hong Kong
Level: Pre-PhD in research program.
Field(s): Ageing, Bioengineering, Cancer, Supportive & Palliative Care, Community Care, Disaster Nursing, Infection Control, Mental Health, Models of Care Delivery, Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Deadline: 11 Apr 2014.
Funded By: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International Nursing Scholarship
is targeted for International and local students.
‣ Award No: Maximum 20 international plus 5 local candidates will be awarded scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is available for the duration of 2 weeks i.e. 7-18 July 2014.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship will be awarded to cover costs towards accommodation in Student Halls of Residence plus air fares for overseas candidates as follows: -For Local Students: HK$2,000 -For Macau / Guangzhou / Shenzhen: HK$3,000 -South Asia, Mainland China: HK$7,000 -Rest of Asia, Australia: HK$9,500 -Rest of the world: HK$12,000
‣ The Hong Kong Polytechnic University has set up an International Nursing Scholarship International Nursing Scholarship for Pre-PhD in Research Excellence (INSPPIRE), for local and international students who are interested to study their PhD programme in Hong Kong.
‣ The scholarship provides monetary support to the awardees. Awardees will join a two-week pre-PhD training programme from 7 – 18 July 2014 to learn about the School’s research areas and what to prepare for research, and to know more about the health care and university life in Hong Kong.
‣ The aims of this INSPPIREing programme are: To introduce PhD training in the School, to bring together high caliber Hong Kong and international students to discuss doctoral education challenges, opportunities and collaborations.
‣ Academic qualifications (completion of BSc and MSc degrees) and awards; GPA score in the Bachelor’s degree programme (preferably a first-class (honours) degree, or a; GPA of 3.7 or above (out of 4.0) or equivalent); GPA score in the Master’s degree programme;
‣ Awards in academic competitions and publications in journals;
‣ English proficiency (IELTS of min. 6.5, with score for the writing component at 6.0 or above ; TOEFL of normally not lower than 575 paper-based / 232 computer-based / 90 internet-based; or equivalent);
‣ Topic fits with strategic research priorities of the School of Nursing, PolyU;
‣ Research experience;
‣ Engagement with community issues and/or international exposure (e.g. experience and record in professional and/or extracurricular activities);
‣ Healthcare background (nursing profession will be a priority).
‣ Result will be announced in early May 2014.
‣ If you want to be INSPPIREd, send the following documents via email:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 11 April 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like