International Guest Scholarships for International students (other than the United States or Canada) who have demonstrated strong interests in teaching and research. It's offered by the American College of Surgeons. Applications are open until 01 July 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Teaching and Research.
Field(s): The scholarships are offered in the field of medicine.
Deadline: 01 July 2014
Funded By: The American College of Surgeons
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): International Guest Scholarships are targeted for International students (other than the United States or Canada).
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each are offered.
‣ The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong interests in teaching and research.
‣ The scholarships, in the amount of $10,000 each, provide the Scholars with an opportunity to visit clinical, teaching, and research activities in North America and to attend and participate fully in the educational opportunities and activities of the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress.
‣ This scholarship endowment was originally provided through the legacy left to the College by Dr. Paul R. Hawley (FACS Hon), former College Director. More recently, gifts from the family of Dr. Abdol Islami (FACS), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and others to the International Guest Scholarship endowment have enabled the College to expand the number of scholarship awards.
‣ The scholarships provide successful applicants with the privilege of participating in the College’s annual Clinical Congress in October 2015, with public recognition of their presence.
‣ They will receive gratis admission to selected postgraduate courses plus admission to all lectures, demonstrations, and exhibits, which are an integral part of the Clinical Congress.
‣ Assistance will be provided in arranging visits, following the Clinical Congress, to various clinics and universities of their choice.
Have what it takes to avail International Guest Scholarships?
‣ Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine.
‣ Applicants must be at least 35 years old, but under 45, on the date that the completed application is filed.
‣ Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent location.
‣ Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
‣ Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and/or research in accordance with the standards of the applicant’s country.
‣ Early careerists are deemed more suitable than those who are serving in senior academic appointments.
‣ Applicants must submit a fully completed application form provided by the College on its website.
‣ The application and accompanying materials must be typewritten and in English. Submission of curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
‣ Applicants must provide a list of all of their publications and must submit, in addition, three complete publications (reprints or manuscripts) of their choice from that list.
‣ Preference may be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in North America.
‣ In order to qualify for consideration by the selection committee, all of the requirements must be fulfilled.
‣ All applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision in November 2014.
‣ Applications should be sent online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 01 July 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like