International Foundation for Science offers individual research grant for Students of Developing Countries. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): International Foundation for Science
Level: Research Program.
‣ The Research Areas for Individual Research Proposals are sought under one of three research areas:
Deadline: 27th January 2013.
Funded by: International Foundation for Science (IFS)
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of developing countries, however, G-20 Countries are not eligible.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration:It is awarded for one to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: these grants are awarded on merit in amounts up to USD 12,000 for one to three years. Grants are intended for the purchase of basic tools for research: equipment, expendable supplies and literature, as well as field activities.
‣ International Foundation for Science (IFS) has announced individual research grants for young developing country researchers.
‣ Providing early-career support to promising young developing country researchers has been the mandate of the IFS for many years.
‣ Building on this experience, the new IFS Strategy 2011-2020, launched in 2011, emphasizes three approaches: (1). Individual Research (this call) (2). Collaborative Research (3).Contributing Innovation In the Individual Research Approach, IFS continues its commitment to support excellent individual research and to build capability of early-career scientists in the developing world to undertake research on the sustainable management of biological and water resources.
‣ Applicants are encouraged to tackle research issues linked to these areas, and to develop solutions that are relevant to local contexts.
‣ By encouraging local researchers to work in their home countries, generating cutting-edge and locally relevant knowledge, we hope to contribute to strengthening their countries’ research capability and ultimately contributing to a global research community aimed at reducing poverty and supporting sustainable development.
‣ To be eligible for support from International Foundation for Science(IFS) Individual Research, applicants must be citizens of a developing country that is eligible for IFS support, and carry out the research in an eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship).
‣ Applicants should be at the beginning of their research careers and have a minimum academic degree of an MSc/MA or the equivalent.
‣ To be of eligible age, men should be younger than 35 years and women should be younger than 40 years on 27thJanuary 2013 (closing date for this call).
‣ If the applicant’s 35th(men)/40th(women) birthday is on the closing date of the call, he/she is still eligible.
‣ Researchers, who are already IFS grantees, are eligible to apply for renewal grant irrespective of age.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by Electronically
‣ submission of research grant applications are due by 27th January 2013.
‣ Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the competitive review process before the 29th July 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like