INTACH Scholarships for Indian and UK Citizens in India, and applications are submitted till 30th November 2015. The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) is offering research scholarships in India. The UK Scholarships up to a maximum of INR 500,000/- are open for UK professionals in the early stages of their career to support conservation work, study or research in India. The research grants up to a maximum of INR 300,000/- are open for Indian citizens to support high-quality, strategic and applied research in India. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: postgraduate study or research in India.
Field(s): Scholarships support conservation work, study or research in India. Grants are awarded in the field of heritage conservation and can be for specific disciplines in the Humanities (with a preference for archaeology, ancient Indian art, architecture, conservation studies, cultural geography, cultural history, numismatics, museum studies, intangible cultural heritage and scientific applications to the humanities).
Deadline: 30th November 2015.
Funded By: The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): INTACH Scholarships are targeted for Indian citizens
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
Tenure : Not
‣Value of Scholarship : UK Scholarships: Grants are offered up to a maximum of INR 500,000/-. Grants may be paid towards the cost of air travel to India, modest subsistence allowance, internal travel and in some circumstances payment of fees to approved institutions. Successful applicants must submit to INTACH on the return from their trip to India a report on the outcomes of their research and study visit.
-Research Grants: Grants are offered up to a maximum of INR 300,000/-. Grants may be paid towards the cost of travel within India, modest subsistence allowance and in some circumstances payment of fees or expenses to approved institutions. u Successful applicants must submit to INTACH on completion of their research a report on the outcomes of their research and study visit.
‣ Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage is a non-profit membership organisation dedicated to conservation and preservation of India’s natural, cultural, living, tangible and intangible heritage.
‣ In 1984, INTACH was founded and registered as a Charity under the Registration of Societies Act, 1860. Over these past decades, INTACH has established a network of over 175 regional and local Chapters in different parts of the country. Two types of INTACH Scholarships are available as follows:
‣ UK Scholarships: In accordance with the INTACH Memorandum of Association and in the honour of Charles Wallace, INTACH offers scholarships to the UK citizens to enable them to travel to India and to follow in India any course of study, research which will be beneficial to either or both countries. Most grants are awarded to professionals in the early stages of their career, or to students. Senior travel grants are also available. The grant or part thereof could also be offered to any charitable educational institution in India facilitating the above education study visits.
‣ Research Grants: INTACH offers grants to support advanced research in the field of heritage conservation in India. The grants will be offered to individuals who wish to undertake advanced and inter-disciplinary research that demonstrates potential impact on conservation philosophy, practice or policy; aims to advance knowledge and understanding of heritage conservation; or contribute to a critical and creative thinking in this field.
‣ UK Scholarships: Most grants are awarded to professionals in the early stages of their career, or to students. Grants are to support conservation work, study or research in India. Only persons of the UK nationality and domiciled and normally resident in the UK are eligible.
‣ Research Grants: Grants are to support high-quality, strategic and applied research in India. Only persons of Indian nationality and domiciled and normally resident in India are eligible.
is important that the application must be filled clearly since the
decision/ interview will be based on the information provided in the
form and in the Statement of Purpose written by the applicant.
Interviews will be taken in late January/ early February. The
applicants who are required to come for the interview will be
informed 15 days before the interview.
Scholarship Application Method
The applications should be sent by post or email. The enclosures should include
1. Sample of previous research/ project work
2. A set of press clippings (photographs, if applicable)
3. Two references from people who are familiar with your work (in original)
4. Proof of educational qualifications (photocopies)
5. A curriculum vitae
Applications are due on
30th November 2015.
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.