Inlaks Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad, and applications are submitted till 15th of April. Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is offering scholarships for Indian students. Scholarships are of two types: university courses (at top American, European and UK institutions) and specific programs (research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree). Candidates are strongly advised to obtain guaranteed external funding for scholarships requirements above $85,000 or equivalent. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions
Level: Scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programs (research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution and not leading to a degree).
are awarded in any field. The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance.
Deadline: 15th of April.
Funded By: Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Inlaks Scholarships are targeted for Indian citizens.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: The Inlaks Scholarships covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement of above $85000 (or equivalent), candidates are strongly advised that they should be able to demonstrate guaranteed funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June. In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate. Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation. Scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure. Scholarships are awarded in May/ June generally for commencement in subsequent September and October. Any scholarship not commenced within 9 months will be forfeited.
‣ Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment.
‣ The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programs.
‣ The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance.
‣ open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India.
‣ Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, at the time of application.
‣ People holding a postgraduate degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
‣ It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
‣ Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
‣ The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor.
‣ The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
‣ Your achievements, academic and otherwise. We will need proof that you are an achiever. -Your potential. We pride ourselves on judging potential as much as performance. It isn’t just what you have already achieved; it’s what we can help you achieve in the future.
‣ The suitability of your course, project or program. You must persuade us that the course/ program is right for you and that you are right for it.
‣ Applications received are analyzed and evaluated, and the committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India.
‣ They usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in two stages: preliminaries, and for those who make it, finals.
‣ Candidates short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation.
‣ Candidates who do not receive any communication by 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful.
‣ Applicants should apply via post.
They must include:
‣ Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
‣ One self-addressed stamped, (Rs.10.00) envelope (4” x 9”).
‣ Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned.
‣ Candidates for Film, Dance and Acting must submit a CD / DVD too. The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format. A portfolio may be submitted also, if it is not too bulky.
‣ Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
‣ Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form. These will be needed only at the time of the final interviews. An independent Inlaks Selection Committee carries out the selection.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th of April.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like