Indonesian Government Scholarships are offered Each year by the Indonesian Government for master’s degree program in one of 13 prominent universities in Indonesia. Full details:
Multi-Disciplinary Studies: Performing Arts & Arts Studies, Tourism Studies, Comparative Religious Studies and Bio Technology
Education: Indonesian Education , Applied Linguistic, Educational Science, History Education, Social Science Education, Instructional Education, Natural Science Education, Educational Management, Primary School Teacher Education, Educational Research & Evaluation, Out of School Education/ Informal and Vocational & Technological Education
Sciences: Biology, Statistics, Physics, Environmental Sciences, Geography , Public Health, Chemistry, Sport Sciences, Remote Sensing, Pharmacy Studies, Computer, Nursing and Mathematics
Agricultural Sciences: Plant Pathology, Veterinary Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering, Soil Sciences, Marine Science, Forestry, Fisheries, Entomology, Animal Science, Agricultural Economics, Estate Crop Product Technology and Food Science & Technology.
Funded By:: Indonesian Government (Indonesian Government Scholarships)
Deadline: End of April
School(Institutions/ Country): 13 prominent universities in Indonesia | Indonesia
Level: Master Degree
Field(s): Study fields in Indonesian Government Scholarships are enlisted below:
Humanities: Literary studies, Linguistic, History, Philosophy, Anthropology and Cultural studies.
Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering , Informatics Engineering , Architectural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Naval Architect & Marine Eng. And Mechanical Engineering
Social Sciences: Public Administration , Communication & Media Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, Accounting, Management, Law, Economics/Development Study and Community Empowerment
Beneficiaries( Target Group):
‣ Indonesian Government Scholarships are open for Students of the Following Countries:
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Indonesian Government Scholarships will be provided for a maximum of 36 months period of study (in case of early program completion, the scholarship will be stopped soon after the student set off for their home country).
‣ Indonesian Government Scholarships Cover: The KNB scholarship will be covering:
Indonesian Government Scholarships
‣ The 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992 concluded, among others, the idea of scholarships provided by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
‣ In 1993 the Government of the Republik of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarship to students from the NAM member countries. Since 2002, after the cold war ended, the program had beed offered not only to the NAM member countries, but also to the developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, South Korea, Suriname, Guyana, Turkey, Vietnam, and Vanuatu.
‣ In fact, this program has attracted more applicants, and by 2012, 597 students from 49 countries had been awarded this scholarship. Due to the international political escalation, the use of the term “NAM” was considered irrelevant.
‣ Therefore, the program had been changed to Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) or Developing Countries Partnership program on Scholarship.
The objectives of the scholarship are:
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail Indonesian Government Scholarships.
‣ Maximum age is 35 year old;
‣ Possess a bachelor degree;
‣ Not a Master Degree Holder;
‣ Have a TOEFL score of 500 or equivalent;
‣ Complete the on-line application form;
‣ He/she must be recommended by the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
‣ He/she must be in a good health proved by an official medical statement from authorized medical practitioner;
‣ Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates will be required to sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Required Documents for Indonesian Government Scholarships applications:
(1) Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country; (2) Nomination letter from the respective government official;
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: the application process must be completed no later than end of April.
‣ Selection will be conducted on 1st week of May;
‣ The selection result will be announced on 1st week of June;
‣ The students should have arrived in Jakarta by the end of August;
‣ Orientation will be organized in September;
‣ The Indonesian language course will be starting in early September.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
‣ Indonesian Scholarships