IMT PhD Program for International Students in Italy , and applications are submitted till July 13th, 2016. Applications are invited for three year IMT PhD program starting in November 2014 available to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion. 34 positions are covered by scholarships in the gross amount of 13,638.47€ /year. All PhD students will have tuition fees waived. Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of their prior performance and professional promise. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): IMT Institute in Italy | Italy
Level: PhD program
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for IMT PhD program. IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca offers a multidisciplinary PhD program that integrates scientific competences of economics, engineering, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history and sciences of cultural heritage. The three year program is articulated in 8 field-specific yet highly integrated curricula: Economics (ECON), Management Science (MS), Complex Networks (CN), Computational Mechanics (CM), Control Systems (SYS), Computer Science (CS), Image Analysis (IA) and Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage (AMCH).
Deadline: July 13th, 2016.
Funded By: IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IMT PhD Program for International Students are targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: 34 positions are covered by scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These PhD scholarships are awarded for 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: 34 positions are covered by scholarships in the gross amount of 13,638.47€ /year. -A limited number of additional positions without scholarships may also be offered. -All PhD students will have tuition fees waived. -PhD students who are granted a scholarship have free accommodation in shared double rooms in the School residence halls (with the exception of students whose permanent residence is within 30km of (IMT). -All PhD students will have free access to the canteen services. -All PhD students are covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their PhD activities.
‣ Admission to IMT PhD Program for International Students is competitive on an international level, with evaluation mainly focusing on past academic performance (grades) and scientific relevance to the selected track.
‣ First and foremost, however, certain basic formal requirements must be met before candidates are eligible to apply.
‣ Namely, applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT).
‣ Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion. Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English.
‣ No knowledge of Italian is requested. Formal requirement for admission are: -”Laurea Magistrale” (or “Specialistica”) or a “Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento” from an Italian University
‣ A foreign university degree of at least 4 years (or full time equivalent – the eligibility of the foreign degree is assessed by the track selection committee)
‣ Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 31, 2016 can also apply.
‣ IMT PhD Program for International Students Applicants are evaluated by a selection committee on the basis of past academic performance (grades) and background, scientific relevance and aptitude to research within the selected track/curriculum, and any other additional pertinent data submitted in the application (such as scientific publications, if any).
‣ While ranking of applicants is mostly driven by academic achievement, scientific pertinence is also taken into consideration for admission.
‣ The candidates that pass the initial assessment of the applications will be invited for an interview with the selection committee, either in person at the IMT campus, or via standard internet videoconference, or through any other procedure allowing visual contact with the candidates and viewing of their identity document.
‣ Candidates with no access to videoconferencing facilities can conduct the interview at an Italian embassy or consulate.
‣ During the evaluation process, in rare circumstances, the selection committee may propose different track/curricula from the one chosen by the candidate. Equal opportunities are ensured to all candidates throughout the evaluation process.
‣ The short-list of IMT PhD Program for International Students candidates admitted to the interview will be published on the web site and on the Online Notice Board of IMT.
‣ Once short-listed, applicants will be required to participate in a comprehensive interview in English in order to assess their aptitude for research in the curricula for which they have applied, as well as their English proficiency.
‣ The dates interviews will be published on the web site and on the Online Notice Board of IMT.
‣ Applications for the PhD Program can only be submitted electronically.
‣ Applicants must fill out the online application form https://applications.imtlucca.it/call_for_applications_xxxii/index.php
(registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents.
‣ Basic instructions for the submission procedure will be provided after registration. The first time applicants access their account, they will be requested to choose the Track(s) and the Curriculum (if applicable) to which they wish to apply.
‣ While not mandatory, information and attachments marked Optional are most welcome, as they enable the Admissions Committee to evaluate candidates comprehensively.
‣ Data and documents entered into the application form are the sole responsibility of the applicant. In the event of false declaration(s), the applicant will not be allowed to enroll in the PhD Program at IMT.
In order to apply for scholarship, applicants must follow the given criteria:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 13th, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.