IMT Institute offers PhD Scholarships for international students in Italy.
‣ Scholarship Covers:
36 positions are covered by scholarships in the gross amount of 13,638.47€ /year.
School(Institutions/ Country): IMT Institute in Italy | Italy
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): for courses offered by IMT Institute in Italy.
Funded By: Institute for Advanced Studies, Italy.
Deadline: July 17, 2013 at 6:00
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for International students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: about 36 Scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is applicable for 3 years.
‣ Admission to IMT Institute PhD program is competitive on an international level, with evaluation mainly focusing onpast academic performance (grades) and scientific relevance to the selected track.
‣ First and foremost, however, certain basic formal requirements must be met before candidates are eligible to apply. Namely, applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies.
‣ (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
IMT Institute PhD Scholarships for International Students
‣ Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion.
‣ Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English.
‣ No knowledge of Italian is requested.
‣ Applicants are evaluated by the selection committee of the program in which they intend to register on the basis of their prior performance and professional promise, as evidenced by their academic record and any other pertinent data they submit.
‣ While high academic achievement does not guarantee admission, IMT expects such achievement or other persuasive evidence of professional promise.
‣ Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their academic background, skills and scientific value with reference to the subjects of the interdisciplinary program, and their general aptitudes to research.
‣ The selection committee will also assess the relevance of any publications, the suitability of the research project or motivation letter and any additional special qualifications, educational activities and /or participation in research groups or projects.
‣ The selection committee reserves the right to propose that the applicant be considered, interviewed for or admitted to another track/curriculum it deems appropriate in addition to or instead of that to which the candidate has applied.
‣ The selection procedure will be carried out in two phases:
‣ Candidates admitted to the interview must confirm their participation by email to phdapplications-at-imtlucca.itwithin 48 hour so publication of the shortlist.
‣ According to the mode by which the Candidates wish to be interviewed, the interviews could be conducted as follows:
‣ Before the interview, the Embassy/consulate staff will proceed with an identification verification of the candidate.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Applicants must fill out the online application form and attach the required documents by July 17, 2013 at 6:00 pm (Italian time).
‣ All Candidates are invited to read carefully the Application guidelines, available on IMT website inside the application procedure section.
‣ This document provides guidance on filling out the different sections of the application form:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by July 17, 2013 at 6:00 pm (Italian time).
‣ It is important to read the application guideline , and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like