Imperial College PhD Scholarships. The Imperial College is offering PhD scholarships in UK. Candidates with Master’s qualifications should have achieved a distinction, or be able to provide evidence of high performance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country) : Imperial College in UK
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the Imperial College in UK
Deadline: 3rd February and 28th April 2014.
Imperial College, UK
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): Imperial College PhD Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: The Scheme aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Scholarship is offered for up to 3.5 years.
‣ Scholarship Covers:Successful candidates will receive funding for fees and a stipend of £20,200 per annum for up to 3.5 years. -Scholars will have access to a programme of career development and cohort activities delivered by a combination of their host department and the Graduate School. -Support will be available to allow a high degree of interaction with other researchers (at other HEIs in the UK and abroad) and research users. This will provide valuable opportunities for networking and collaboration.
Imperial College PhD Scholarships
‣ The Imperial College PhD Scholarship Scheme offers an outstanding opportunity for potential PhD students.
‣ If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student, and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
‣ The Scheme aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
To avail Imperial College PhD Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
‣ Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
‣ Candidates with Master’s qualifications should have achieved a distinction, or be able to provide evidence of high performance. They should also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent.
‣ Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
‣ Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are only permitted to supervise one scholar at any time.
‣ Please review this list of existing supervisors who are not available to supervise a student on this scholarship scheme.
Applications will be reviewed by a two stage process:
‣ Candidates meeting or predicted to meet the eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the Department to which they have applied.
‣ Departments will select a shortlist of the very best candidates to present to the Imperial College Selection Panel for consideration.
‣ The final decision will be made by the Imperial College Selection Panel.
‣ The members of the panel are the Vice-Provost (Research) and the Faculty Vice-Deans for Research. The Panel will consider shortlisted candidates from all Faculties.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded to the candidates who show the most potential.
‣ Applicants who apply before 3 February and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 1 April.
‣ Applicants who apply before 28th April and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 1st July.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3rd February and 28th April 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014. International, PhD, scholarships, UK
Your first paragraph ...