IMB PhD Fellowships for Germany and International Students in Germany, and applications are submitted till 8 November 2014. Institute of Molecular Biology is offering PhD fellowships to all admitted IPP (International PhD Programme) students. Scholarships are awarded to undertake PhD research at the cutting edge of modern biology. Projects within the Programme address key questions related to the overarching theme of Dynamics of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability. Fully funded fellowships will be awarded for a period of three years (with the possibility for extension). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD program at Institute of Molecular Biology.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for PhD research at the cutting edge of modern biology. Projects within the Programme address key questions related to the overarching theme of Dynamics of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability.
Deadline: 8 November 2014
Funded By: Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IMB PhD Fellowships are targeted for German and international students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: IMB PhD Fellowships will be awarded for a period of three years with the possibility for extension.
‣ Scholarship covers: All IPP students receive generous, fully funded fellowships for a period of three years (with the possibility for extension). IMB gratefully acknowledges the following sponsor for support of the International PhD Programme.
‣ International PhD Programme (IPP) gives talented and enthusiastic students the opportunity to undertake PhD research at the cutting edge of modern biology.
‣ Projects within the Programme address key questions related to the overarching theme of Dynamics of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability.
‣ Groups cover a broad range of expertise in biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, and applied physics.
‣ The fields we study range from embryonic development, ageing and disease to analysis of high-throughput datasets, modeling of regulatory gene networks and the development of ground breaking super-resolution microscopes.
‣ This range of expertise and the open and vibrant atmosphere within the Programme encourages multidisciplinary collaborations and innovative research.
‣ Moreover, a range of scientific and social events are organised to ensure high levels of exchange and collaboration between the participating groups.
‣ As IMB is an international institution the first criterion for eligibility is that you are able to communicate in English, which is working language. Secondly, you should have prior experience in a research environment and have, or be about to complete, a Master’s or equivalent degree.
‣ Shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews. Interview will be in February 2015.
‣ Application to the International PhD Programme at IMB is a competitive process.
‣ The first step is to contact referees and to register, the next to complete the online application form.
‣ Also require at least two reference letters to be uploaded by senior scientists who know you well. Up to four referees can be named. Your referees will be automatically notified by Email when you submit your registration.
‣ Thus, please inform them that you plan to register and that they should not delete the automated message they receive.
‣ They should complete a standard IPP reference form and upload it as PDF. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
‣ Please ensure that your reference letters will be received prior to the application deadline! If you have not registered until 8 November, you cannot apply anymore in the winter call.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Deadline for registration is 8 November 2014 and deadline for application is 15 November 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.