IITA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Nigeria, and applications are submitted till 3 rd September 2015. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is offering a postdoctoral research fellowship program in Cowpea Host Plant Resistance Entomologist. The contract will be for an initial period of two years with possibility of renewal based on performance and continued availability of funding. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Nigeria (Kano)
Level: postdoctoral research program.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in Host Plant Resistance Entomologist.
Deadline: 3 rd September 2015.
Funded By: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IITA Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is targeted for International applicants
‣ No. of awards: There is a postdoctoral research fellowship available.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The contract will be for an initial period of two years with possibility of renewal based on performance and continued availability of funding.
‣Value of Scholarship : IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
‣ IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
‣ Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
‣ IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
‣ IITA is a nonprofit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees.
‣ IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
‣ The candidate should have a PhD degree in entomology or related field.
‣ Experience in conducting host plant resistance research activities (preferably involving grain legumes).
‣ Experience in application of molecular tools in entomology research
‣ Good publishing skills in quality scientific journals.
‣ Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment.
‣ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
‣ Information management skills and competence in computer software used to manage breeding programs, establish trials and analyze results.
‣ Excellent spoken and written English; ability to communicate in French is important.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online. Applications must include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
‣ The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 3 rd September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...