IISER Mohali(Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) offers PhD Fellowship in Humanities and Social Sciences in India. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali, India | India
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Humanities and Social Sciences. Currently, the specializations offered are in the areas of Architecture, Disaster relief, Gender Studies, History, Human geography, Social theory and Urban studies, English Literature and Philosophy.
Funded by: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali, India
Deadline: April 15th, 2013
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Indian students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship covers: Once student get admission, they receive fellowship(institutional/UGC-NET or JRF)depends that they are a UGC NET/JRF or not even if applicant does not have NET/JRF, s/he is eligible to apply .
Why IISER, Mohali?
‣ The doctoral program at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali is enriched by rigorous coursework, intensive research training and a wide variety of research seminars and conferences.
‣ Student participation in international meetings. workshops and research fieldwork is supported.
‣ Interdisciplinary work is encouraged and the students have the opportunity to participate in faculty research and in undergraduate teaching.
‣ IISER Mohali has a modern and well-equipped library and computing facility.
‣ The fully residential 125 acres campus is located in the upcoming Knowledge City in sector 81, about 15 kms from Chandigarh.
‣ The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research invites applications for an interdisciplinary PhD in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
‣ Currently, the specializations offered are in the areas of Architecture, Disaster relief, Gender Studies, History, Human geography, Social theory and urban studies, English Literature and Philosophy.
‣ We are also particularly interested in candidates interested in working at the interface between Science, Environment and Society.
‣ We welcome students that wish to cut across conventional disciplinary and methodological boundaries and explore intersections.
‣ MA/ MS/ M. Phil/ B.Tech/ B.Arch or equivalent degree in any subject with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by email. Please send email to Dr. Anu Sabhlok at hssphd-at-iisermohali.ac.in with the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due April 15th, 2013 for the August 2013 session.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like