IHRC Archives Grants in Aid Program for US and International Citizens in USA, and applications are submitted June 1 .The Immigration History Research Center is offering research grants for travel to the IHRCA for research in any IHRCA collection for 2017/2018 academic year. Grants to supports a research visit of 5 days or more. Typically, awards are $1,000 each and four awards are given each year while conducting research in the collections. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: graduate students, independent and other scholars traveling to conduct research for at least one week (five research days) at the IHRC Archives. The postdoctoral Grant In Aid supports a two-week residency (ten research days) while conducting research in the collections.
Field(s): Grants are awarded for travel to the IHRCA for research in any IHRCA collection.
Deadline: June 1 .
Funded By: The Immigration History Research Center
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IHRC Archives Grants are targeted for US and international applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 13 months
Grants will be awarded to conduct research for at least one week (five research days). These grants support a two-week residency (ten research days) for postdoctoral scholars.
‣ Scholarship covers: supports a research visit of 5 days or more. Typically, awards are $1,000 each and four awards are given each year.
‣ The Immigration History Research Center Archives (IHRCA) offers IHRC Archives Grants In Aid awards of up to $500 to assist graduate students, independent and other scholars traveling to conduct research for at least one week (five research days) at the IHRC Archives.
‣ The deadline for applications for 2017-2018 awards is June 1, 2017. Post-doctoral scholars are also eligible to apply for additional funding for a maximum award of $1,000.
‣ The post-doctoral Grant in Aid supports a two-week residency (ten research days) while conducting research in the collections.
‣ Those applying for the post-doctoral Grant In Aid must clearly indicate their qualifications for the award in a letter of application.
‣ The deadline for post-doctoral Grants in Aid also is June 1.
‣ Graduate students, post-doctoral scholars, faculty, and independent scholars, in the U.S. or internationally, who live more than a day’s drive from the Twin Cities and who need to do research in the IHRCA collections.
‣ Demonstrated connection between research needs and specific collections at the IHRCA
‣ Language proficiency (for projects requiring sources in languages other than English)
‣ Preference for newer scholars (and graduate students), international scholars, and the use of the following collections: Czech/Slovak, Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Italian, Latvian, Polish, and Refugee-Related Materials.
Notification: Not Known
‣ Applicants should send application materials to ihrc-at-umn.edu, Attn: Grant in Aid Committee or via post.
‣ Prior to submitting an application, applicants should consult the IHRC/A website to learn about collections and holdings, and confirm material availability and relevance to proposed projects with IHRC collections staff. Researchers receiving a grant in aid award will be required to acknowledge the IHRC and receipt of the award in any resulting publication.
‣ Application letter of no more than two pages with estimated dates of residency, description of research project and collections to be consulted, and estimated budget.
‣ If applying for a post-doctoral award of up to $1,000, state intention and include qualifications.
‣ Current curriculum vitae
‣ Names and contact information (including email) for two references
Applications must be received by June 1st to email@example.com, Attn: Grant-in-Aid Committee OR postmarked by June 1st and mailed to postal address: IHRCA Grant-in-Aid Committee Immigration History Research Center Archives University of Minnesota 311 Andersen Library 222 - 21st Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 1.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.