IFS Individual Research Grants IFS (International foundation for Science) is offering individual research grants for early-career scientists to carry out research projects for a period of 3 years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Eligible Developing Countries (except G-20 Countries)
Level: Grants are awarded to carry out research projects for a period of up to 3 years
Field(s): Proposals are sought under one of three research areas:-Sustainable Natural Resources Management, Water and Aquatic Resources and Food Production, Food Security and Nutrition.
Deadline: 31st January, 2014.
Funded By: IFS (International foundation for Science)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IFS Individual Research Grants are due on Citizens of Developing Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin,Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem.Rep.,Congo, Rep.,Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana,
Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea DPR, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, FedSts., Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, Timor- Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Uganda,Vanuatu,Vietnam,West Bank and Gaza,Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe (except G-20 Countries) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration:IFS Individual Research Grants will be offered for 1-3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Individual Research grants are awarded on merit in amounts up to USD 12,000 for one to three years. Grants are intended for the purchase of basic tools for research: equipment, expendable supplies and literature, as well as field activities.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
IFS Individual Research Grants
‣ IFS Proposals are sought under one of three research areas are :Sustainable Natural Resources Management (Including but not limited to: Biodiversity, Forestry, Natural Products, Renewable Energy and Climate Change),Water and Aquatic Resources (Including but not limited to: Water Resources Research; Research on all aspects of freshwater, brackish and marine aquatic organisms and their environments.Food Production, Food Security and Nutrition( Including but not limited to: Research on Food Production; Animal Production and Veterinary Medicine; Crop Science including Underutilised Crops; Food Science and Nutrition, and Food Security issues. Providing early-career support to promising young developing country researchers has been the mandate of the International Foundation for Science (IFS) for many years.
‣ Building on this experience, the new IFS Strategy 2011-2020, launched in 2011, emphasizes three approaches: Individual Research, Collaborative Research, Contributing Innovation. IFS continues its commitment to support excellent individual research and to build capability of early-career scientists in the developing world to undertake research on the sustainable management of biological and water resources.
The eligibility criteria for IFS Individual Research Grants applicants are
For Country eligibility
‣ To be eligible for support from IFS Individual Research, applicants must be citizens of a
‣ Developing country that is eligible for IFS support, and carry out the research in an Eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship).
‣ Personal Eligibility
‣ Institutional Affiliation-
‣ Grants will be awarded on merit basis.
‣ Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the competitive review process before the 31st July 2014.
‣ Students are required to apply by email.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st January, 2014
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like