IDB Scholarships are offered for those intended to be for academically meritorious but financially needy Muslim students with strong desire to engage in social services and community development. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): recognized government or private universities in the students’ own countries | any Country
Level: Bachelors (BS) Degree
Field(s): At present, the Programme focuses on medicine, engineering, agriculture and other related fields such as dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary science, nursing, nutrition study, computer science, forestry and fishery. Only for the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries with their special needs has the IDB approved the inclusion of additional areas of study such as administration, management, marketing, finance, banking and accountancy.
Funded By: Islamic Development Bank
Beneficiaries( Target Group): IDB Scholarships are for Muslims from the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Canada, Central African Republic, China, Congo, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Croatia. D R of Congo (Zaire), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Ghana, Greece, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kosovo, Kibris (Northern Cyprus), Liberia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, The Philippines, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vanuatu (The Pacific), Vietnam, Zambia, Zanzibar (Tanzania), and Zimbabwe.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Not specified
‣ Scholarship Covers: The IDB Scholarships Programme cover the following items:
‣ Not applicable to all benefiting students.
‣ For the students who are selected to study outside of their own countries, the IDB also provides them with economy class tickets to and from the countries of study (once at the beginning and at the end of study.
‣ Important Note: The scholarship is given as an interest-free-loan (qard hasana) to the students and as a grant to the Muslim communities to which they belong. Under the Programme, the students are required to repay the loan after graduation and gainful employment, in easy installments, to a Waqf (Trust) set up by the IDB in each non-member country benefiting from the Programme.
‣ The IDB Scholarships Programme for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries was launched in 1404H (1983G) with the objective to provide educational opportunities for the academically meritorious and financially needy young Muslim students from Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study in a university and to train them in specific fields in order to improve their socio-economic conditions, preserve their cultural and religious identities and make a meaningful contribution to the development of their communities and countries.
‣ The IDB Scholarships Programme is intended to be for academically meritorious but financially needy Muslim students with strong desire to engage in social services and community development.
They must also be able to meet the following eligibility criteria:
‣ Maximum age of 24 years;
‣ Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major science subjects;
‣ Secured admission in one of the disciplines covered under the Programme at a recognized college or university in their own countries; and
‣ Not in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies.
‣ Recommended by the local community leaders or Muslim Organizations through the IDB Selection Procedures.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The Application Form must be properly completed and submitted to the Counterpart Organizations in the country, accompanied by all the required documents, as follows: attested copies of birth certificate, diploma, transcript, and proof of admission.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ In countries where the IDB Scholarship Programme is being implemented, please contact the Counterpart Organizations in your country and NOT the IDB directly. In countries where the Programme is not being implemented, inquiries may be directed to the IDB directly.
‣ The Head, Office of the Scholarship Programme Islamic Development Bank P.O. Box 5925, Jeddah 21432 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Telephone: (966-2) 636-1400; 646-6835 (direct) Fax: (966-2) 636-6871; 646-6887 (direct) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like