IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP) , and applications are submitted till March 31, 2015. Applications are invited for IDB Merit Scholarship Programme available for the students from IDB Member Countries. Scholarships are awarded to pursue research and study at the top most reputable academic and research institutions worldwide ranked by Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). However, priority is given to study/research at IDB partners universities. Scholarships for postdoctoral research available at Research Centres of Excellence both in IDB member countries as well as in advanced countries. Scholarships are awarded up to 3-year for PhD study/ research and up to 6-12 months for postdoctoral research. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | PhD study/research at the world’s top most universities ranked by Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). However, priority is given to study/research at IDB partners universities. Scholarships for postdoctoral research available at Research Centres of Excellence both in IDB member countries as well as in advanced countries.
Field(s): For PhD programme, the fields of studies under the programme are determined by the priority needs of the country’s development in science and technology sectors and to supplement the IDB vision 1440H. Current focus is thus on the following fields of studies: Health/medicine, Agriculture/Food production, Water Resources/ Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology, Development-focused ICT, and pure Science subjects. Applications for postdoctoral research are invited to undertake a specific innovative project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries such as Malaria, Corona, Ebola, Food production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy. This is to focus on most crucial development areas of IDB member countries in addition to what it was highlighted in the IDB Vision 1440H.
Deadline: March 31, 2015.
Funded By: Islamic Development Bank
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IDB Merit Scholarship Programme is targeted for Students of Comoros, Syria, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Jordan, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Brunei, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname and Senegal
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be awarded up to 3 years for PhD study/ research and up to 6-12 months for postdoctoral research.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
‣ The objective of the IDB Merit Scholarship Programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
‣ The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph.D study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to Health/Medicine, Agriculture/Food Production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology and ICT for Development.
‣ The Programme is also designed to help researchers to undertake a six-twelve month specific innovative post-doctoral research project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries such as Malaria, Corona, Ebola, Food production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy, etc.
‣ Age not over (a) 35 years for PhD study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
‣ Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
‣ Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
‣ Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
‣ Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
Selection Criteria for IDB Merit Scholarship Programme
‣ Priority shall be given to those Ph.D. applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as University of Cambridge, University of Nottingham, University of York and University College London and Imperial College London in the UK, Princeton University in USA, Paris-Tech in France and KAUST in Saudi Arabia, etc.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The applications must be submitted through the nominating institutions to the Office of the IDB Governor for the country. b9b
‣ It is the Office of the IDB Governor that will forward the applications to the IDB and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions. As for Egypt, applications should be forwarded through the Ministry of Higher Education, Egypt instead of Office of the IDB Governor. Applications sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The application must reach the concerned IDB Governor’s Office or its designated office by March 31, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.