ICTP Master Scholarships in Medical Physics for Developing Countries in Italy, and applications are submitted till August 31, 2014. Applications are invited for master scholarships in Medical Physics. A limited number of partial or full scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates from developing countries. ICTP will also cover, on the basis of a detailed request, travel costs and course fees for a limited number of successful candidates from developing countries who are not awarded the full scholarship. The first year will be spent in Trieste, Italy, while the second year will be dedicated to clinical professional training in a medical physics department of a hospital in the programme’s training network i.e. in Northern Italy and other nearby Countries. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Level: Master Degree
Field(s): field of Medical Physics.
Deadline: August 31, 2014.
Funded By: The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and Trieste University (co-sponsored by The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and in collaboration with Trieste Hospitals).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICTP Master Scholarships are targeted for Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania,
Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
‣ Award No: A limited number of partial or full masters scholarships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These ICTP Master Scholarships are offered for two years master program starting from 1 January 2015 until 31 December 2016.
‣ Scholarship covers: Qualified candidates may attend the course at their own cost. A limited number of partial or full scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates from developing countries. ICTP will also cover, on the basis of a detailed request, travel costs and course fees for a limited number of successful candidates from developing countries who are not awarded the full scholarship.
‣ The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and Trieste University announce a second cycle of the Master’s Programme in Medical Physics (MMP), a two-year advanced training programme in the field of medical physics, co-sponsored by The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and in collaboration with Trieste Hospitals.
‣ The programme will be held from 1 January 2015 until 31 December 2016 and will lead to an Advanced Studies Master’s Degree in Medical Physics.
‣ The minimum qualification for applicants is a degree equivalent to an M.Sc. in physics or related fields. The selection of candidates will be based on their university performance, research activity and professional experience in the field. Adequate proficiency in English language is required.
‣ The Master’s Programme is open to young (generally below 30 years of age) qualified graduates from countries that are members of the United Nations, UNESCO or IAEA.
‣ Candidates who have received their degree outside Italy must obtain the “dichiarazione di valore” from the Italian Embassy in their country, testifying that their curriculum studiorum is equivalent to the Italian “Laurea specialistica” (5 years of University studies).
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 31, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.