School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded within the core project Errans. The ICI Core Project Errans takes the shifting meanings of erring as a starting point to explore the critical potentials and risks of embracing error, randomness, failure and non-teleological temporalities. The inquiry is intended to reach across different disciplines and discourses, relating not only to the knowledge of life, diaspora, or arts of failing, but also, for instance, to aesthetics, theories of play and games, or random-walk models in (finance) mathematics.
Deadline: 12th January 2014.
Funded By: The Berlin Institute for Cultural Inquiry
Beneficiaries(Target Groups)Ici Postdoctoral Fellowships are Open for Applicants of all nationalities.
‣ Award No:Ten post-doctoral fellowships will be available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowships announced are for the academic years 2014-16 (15 September 2014 – 15 July 2016).
‣ Scholarship covers: Stipends range from EUR 1700 to 1900 per month.
‣ The ICI Berlin Institute for Cultural Inquiry announces ten post-doctoral fellowships within the core project Errans.
‣ Recognizing that a critique of the ideals of productivity, success, goal-orientation, and determination is necessarily paradoxical, the ICI Core Project Errans takes the shifting meanings of erring as a starting point to explore the critical potentials and risks of embracing error, randomness, failure, and non-teleological temporalities.
‣ The inquiry is intended to reach across different disciplines and discourses, relating not only to the knowledge of life, diaspora, or arts of failing, but also, for instance, to aesthetics, theories of play and games, or random-walk models in (finance) mathematics.
‣ The ICI Berlin invites scholars from all disciplines to engage in a joint exploration of Errans. We especially welcome applications from individuals who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in scholarly research.
To vail Ici Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidates must have
‣ All disciplines, fields, and nationalities are welcome. Applicants must have completed their education (BA, MA, or PhD) within ten years of the date of appointment.
‣ Fluency in English is required; some German language skills would be desirable. ICI Fellowships are announced for a particular core project and often also focus.
‣ Applications not responding to an announcement, which may include further eligibility or selection criteria, cannot be considered.
‣ ICI Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications are evaluated by a selection committee, which may call upon external referees at its discretion.
‣ The selection is foremost based upon the applicant’s qualification, the quality of the project and its relevance for the Institute’s core project (and focus, if applicable).
‣ The selection will also depend on the financial resources of the ICI Berlin and the aim of forming an interdisciplinary, thematically balanced team and of advancing diversity and equal opportunity in research.
‣ Applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision via e-mail within three months of the application deadline. A justification of the decision will not be given.
‣ Please make sure that your application is complete and send all the documents in one mail message of no more than 4 MB to application(at)ici-berlin.org.
‣ Please choose two recommenders who are able to comment on your suitability for the fellowship and the potential of your project.
‣ Ask them to send their letters of recommendation directly to application (at)ici-berlin.org by the application deadline.
‣ Please prepare the following material in English or German as electronic documents: Information sheet Curriculum Vitae Project Proposal with Abstract -Work Samples
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 12 January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like