ICHR Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) for SC/ST/PWD Candidates in India, and applications are submitted till 23 June 2016. Indian Council of Historical Research is offering senior academic fellowships (SAF) for SC/ST/PWD candidates. Fellowships have a value of Rs. 40000/- p.m. with a contingency grant of Rs.40000/- p.a. The term of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of 2 years, extendable by 1 more year in special circumstances, if recommended by the Research Projects Committee. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Field(s): all research areas
Deadline: 23 June 2016
Funded By: Indian Council of Historical Research, India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICHR Senior Academic Fellowships are targeted for Indian applicants (SC/ST candidates)
‣ No. of awards: The number of Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) vacant for the year 2015-2016 are 01 SC, 01 ST & 01 PWD only.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The term of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of 2 years, extendable by 1 more year in special circumstances, if recommended by the Research Projects Committee.
‣Value of Scholarship : Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) of the value of Rs. 40000/- p.m. with a contingency grant of Rs.40000/- p.a. Second class railway or bus fare will be paid by the shortest routes from Railway Station / Bus Stand nearest to their normal place of residence or from where they actually perform the journey, whichever is nearer to the venue of presentation. Travel fare will be paid to eligible candidates on production of ticket(s), provided the distance traveled is not less than 30 kms.
‣ ICHR Senior Academic Fellowships Applications are invited from the SC/ST candidates in the prescribed form so as to reach the undersigned on or before 23 .06.2015 for the award of Senior Academic Fellowships (SAF) of the value of Rs. 40000/- p.m. with a contingency grant of Rs.40000/- p.a.
‣ On the basis of the experts’ assessment (if recommended), selected candidates shall be required to make a presentation for half an hour on the proposed subject of research. The award of the Fellowship will be decided by a Committee of specialists, on the basis of the experts’ evaluation of the proposal and the presentation made by the candidate.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Eligible and interested scholars may apply along with self attested copies of the requisite documents mentioned in the checklist by post & electronically.
‣ Please access this Application Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 23 June 2016.
‣ Submit a detailed Proposal separately. The proposal should include:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.