ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program (COFUND): International Fellowships in Spain, and applications are submitted till September 30, 2015. Applications are invited for Postdoctoral fellowships available for foreign nationals. The ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Fellows will be hired by ICFO on a standard employment contract of 24-month duration to perform his/her duties within an existing ICFO research group. Salary and economic conditions are aligned with standard European Marie Curie programs (gross salary in the range 40,000 EUR / 55,000 USD). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Spain
Level: postdoctoral research programme
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for research projects at the forefront of science and technology. Research lines at ICFO include but are not limited to: biomedical optics and biophotonics, nanoscopy and super-resolution imaging, nanotechnology and nanophotonics, nonlinear optics and atom optics, quantum optics and quantum information, atto-science and ultrafast physics, optical sensing and optoelectronics, green technologies and photovoltaics, graphene physics and nanomaterials, single-molecule physics, ultracold quantum matter physics and advanced laser technology.
Deadline: September 30, 2015.
Funded By: The ICFOnest+ International Postdoctoral Program, partially supported by the European Commission’s Marie Curie Actions for Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes (COFUND) and the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), as well as by Fundacio Privada Cellex.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program is targeted for foreign national can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships. Spanish citizens may apply however if they spent at least 3 years immediately prior the application deadline in a country other than Spain.
‣ No. of awards: ICFO offers up to 25 incoming ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships are available for the duration of 24 months.
‣Value of Scholarship : The ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Fellows will be hired by ICFO on a standard employment contract of 24-month duration to perform his/her duties within an existing ICFO research group. Salary and economic conditions are aligned with standard European Marie Curie programs (gross salary in the range 40,000 EUR / 55,000 USD).
‣ The ICFOnest Postdoctoral Program, partially supported by the Marie Curie Actions for Co-funding of Regional, National, and International Programmes (COFUND) of the European Commission, the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), as well as by Fundacio Privada Cellex, aims at providing high-level training and support for outstanding international researchers in the early stages of their careers.
‣ ICFO will provide cutting edge facilities as well as a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment to help Fellows become successful future research leaders.
‣ Have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 24 months in Spain, and not be Spanish citizens/residents. Spanish citizens may apply however if they spent at least 3 years immediately prior the application deadline in a country other than Spain.
‣ Be in possession of a PhD degree at the time of the application cut-off-point.
‣ Have not been awarded the PhD degree more than 5 years prior to the application deadline. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave. Women may claim up to 12 months for child, for a maximum of 3 years.
‣ Be first author in at least one publication (either submitted, accepted, in print or published). Copies may be requested.
‣ Provide complete documentation requested for application.
‣ Exceptions to the PhD degree requirements will be made for women with children and other documented career breaks. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Program.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online via the corresponding call at ICFOjobs, our job openings site and online application interface, available at http://jobs.icfo.eu. The application to the ICFOnest+ Postdoctoral Program is a two-step procedure:
‣ Find the Online Application
‣ First Application Step: Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 30, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.