ICDF Taiwan International Higher Education Scholarship Program in now open for 2013/14 applications. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Taiwan has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with its partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program. More information about each of the programs offered through the Taiwan International Higher Education Scholarship Program can be found on the relevant partner university’s website (links are also provided under each program introduction provided as part of the following list of partner universities). See the List of Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Partner Universities | Taiwan
Level: Bachelor’s | Masters | PhD Degree
Field(s): The programs of study supported include: Science and Technology, Engineering, Public Health and Medicine, Sustainable Agriculture Development, Humanities and Social Sciences, Private Sector Development.
Deadline: 15 March 2013
Funded by: ICDF/Taiwan Gov’
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is open for Nationals of a country on the list of countries eligible for Taiwan Scholarship coming form the region of Asia Pacific,West Asia, Africa, Caribbean, Central America, South America, and Europe.
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): The Taiwan ICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance. See the details of scholarship benefits.
‣ CDF’s International Higher Education Scholarship Program aims to assist partner developing countries to achieve sustainable development through education.
‣ The Taiwan provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail ICDF Taiwan International Scholarship Program
‣ Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student.
‣ Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a Taiwan scholarship.
‣ Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the Taiwan has the right to revoke a scholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
‣ Upon accepting a TaiwanI scholarship, not hold any other ROC(Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the TaiwanScholarship) in the same academic year in which the Taiwan scholarship would be due to commence.
‣ Not be applying for a further Taiwan scholarship in unbroken succession — applicants who have already held a Taiwan scholarship must have returned to their home country for more than one year before re-applying (note: to apply for a 2013 scholarship, an applicant must have graduated and returned to his or her home country before July 31, 2012).
‣ Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan)government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The annual application period runs, in principle, from 1 January to 15 March (for 2013 Scholarship programs, the application period runs from 4 January to 15 March 2013)
‣ Applicants should submit the required documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country. ‣ Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation; failure to do so will result in the application not being processed.
‣ It is important to read the application guidelines for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. Visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Tags: ICDF, Taiwan, Internationa,l Higher, Education, Scholarship, Program , Undergraduate, Masters , PhD , March , Deadline, 2013/14