ICCROM Internship Programme For Graduates In Italy, and applications are submitted till April 12, 2016. ICCROM offers internship for graduate students from ICCROM member states in many priority areas, for the year 2016 in Italy. ICCROM will host a maximum number of four interns per calendar year, each of the internships lasting normally for a period of two to six months. The applicant’s academic background, interests and career plans are taken into consideration as well as the statement justifying the request. ICCROM will help interns to obtain the necessary documents to enter and temporarily reside in Italy and to find reasonable accommodation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Field(s): Interns should work on following priority areas: Disaster and risk management, Materials and technology, World Heritage, Living heritage, Sound and image collections (SOIMA), Africa, Arab Region (ATHAR), Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean (LATAM) and Southern and Eastern Mediterranean (MOSAIKON).
Deadline: April 12, 2016.
Funded By: ICCROM
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ICCROM Internship Programme is targeted for candidates from ICCROM Member States.
‣ No. of awards: ICCROM will host a maximum number of four interns per calendar year.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The duration of internship is two to six months.
‣Value of Scholarship : ICCROM will help interns to obtain the necessary documents to enter and temporarily reside in Italy and to find reasonable accommodation. Interns, however, will be responsible for their own medical insurance which is compulsory. Due to the current budgetary constraints, from January 2011 ICCROM will not be providing financial support for Internships.
‣ If you are a graduate in archaeology, architecture, art history, conservation/restoration, engineering, library science, museology, public administration or urban planning, you may be interested in undertaking an internship at ICCROM. The programme is open to candidates from ICCROM Member States.
‣ ICCROM Internship Programme is undertaken in association with one of the priority areas underway at ICCROM at the time of holding the internship.
‣ Applicants must specify the priority area with which they wish to work if accepted. Internships may also be undertaken with our Knowledge and Communications Services (comprised of ICCROM’s archive, library and office of communications).
‣ ICCROM staff members supervise interns. At the end of the internship, the intern will be asked to make a presentation to all staff on the work undertaken.
‣ Candidates are expected to have a good knowledge of one of the two official languages of ICCROM (English and French).
‣ A Selection Committee will assess each invited application. All candidates will be informed of the Committee’s decision in writing within three months of the application deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Following procedure will have to follow:
M. Anna Stewart
ICCROM – Internship and Fellows Programme
Via di San Michele, 13
00153 Rome, Italy
Email: internships (at) iccrom . org
Fax: + 39 06 58 55 33 49
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.