IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Program for International Students , and Nominations for the annual PhD Fellowship program begin the 3rd week of September and are accepted for 5 weeks. Notification of nominee status takes place in March of the following year. IBM annually awards PhD fellowships to exceptional PhD students who have an interest in solving problems that are important to IBM and fundamental to innovation in many academic disciplines and areas of study. Fellowships are awarded worldwide to the students of all nationalities. Fellows are awarded a stipend for one academic year. Fellows are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one internship at IBM while completing their studies. Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and enrolled full-time in a college or university PhD program, to be eligible for the fellowship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |
Level: Fellowships are offered for pursuing PhD degree.
Field(s): Additionally, IBM Research is paying special attention to the following areas of focus for 2017-2018:
Deadline: Nominations for the annual PhD Fellowship program begin the 3rd week of September and are accepted for 5 weeks. Notification of nominee status takes place in March of the following year.
Funded By: IBM University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IBM PhD Fellowship Awards are targeted for Students of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The IBM PhD Fellowships are awarded worldwide. IBM Ph.D. Fellows are awarded a stipend for one academic year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The IBM PhD Fellowships are awarded worldwide. IBM Ph.D. Fellows are awarded a stipend for one academic year. Fellowships vary by country/geographic area, and the students will be informed at the time of the award what the value is for their country/geographic area. All IBM Ph.D. Fellows are matched with an IBM Mentor according to their technical interests, and they are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one internship at IBM while completing their studies. Interns are paid by their host site and will be subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of the internship program at that site. IBM is an equal opportunity employer.
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional Ph.D. students who have an interest in solving problems that are important to IBM and fundamental to innovation in many academic disciplines and areas of study. This includes pioneering work in: cognitive computing and augmented intelligence; quantum computing; blockchain; data-centric systems; advanced analytics; security; radical cloud innovation; next-generation silicon (and beyond); and brain-inspired devices and infrastructure.
The academic disciplines and areas of study include: computer science and engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering, physical sciences (including chemistry, material sciences, and physics), mathematical sciences (including big data analytics, operations research, and optimization), public sector and business sciences (including urban policy and analytics, social technologies, learning systems and cognitive computing), and Service Science, Management, and Engineering (SSME), and industry solutions (healthcare, life sciences, education, energy & environment, retail and financial services).
IBM brings together hundreds of researchers who possess deep industry expertise across domains. Collaborating with clients in the field and in its global THINKLab network, IBM addresses some of the most challenging problems and creates disruptive technologies that hold the potential to transform companies, industries and the world at large. For more than seven decades, IBM has collaborated with clients and universities to work on multi-disciplinary projects that quickly lead to prototypes, as well as long-term projects that last for years. IBM has an environment that nurtures some of the most innovative and creative thinking in the world.
‣ Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and enrolled full-time in a college or university Ph.D. program.
‣ The faculty member is encouraged to contact an IBM colleague prior to submitting the nomination to assure mutual interest.
‣ Students from Europe and Russia may be nominated in their first year of study in their doctoral program. Outside of Europe and Russia, students must have completed at least one year of study in their doctoral program at the time of their nomination.
‣ Students from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
‣ Award Recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to-date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
‣ While students may accept other supplemental fellowships, to be eligible for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Award they may not accept a major award in addition to the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.
Selection Criteria for IBM PhD Fellowship Awards
‣ Award Recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their progress to-date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
‣ Preference will be given to students who have had an IBM internship, or have closely collaborated with technical or services people from IBM, or have co-authored papers, or have faculty research advisors who are close IBM collaborators.
‣ The final award recipients will be finalized in mid-February 2018.
‣ All nominees will receive an email shortly thereafter of their nomination status.
‣ A formal letter of congratulations will be sent to the award winners within a few weeks after the emails are sent.
‣ Where can I get the forms for an IBM Ph.D. Fellowship nomination?
All nominations for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship must be submitted by faculty electronically over the Web on a standardized form to facilitate an open and uniform competition. The nomination form will be available on the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Program website from 3rd week of September to 5 weeks
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Nominations for the annual PhD Fellowship program begin the 3rd week of September and are accepted for 5 weeks. Notification of nominee status takes place in March of the following year.
What is needed to submit an IBM Ph.D. Fellowship nomination?
The Faculty Advisor must complete the form in one session. We recommend that you read through the entire form first to understand what information is expected, gather the necessary materials and then complete the form. You will be asked to provide information about the student, yourself (the Faculty Advisor), the Department Head and University Administration. You will be asked to attach the student's CV. Correspondence via e-mail is necessary to complete the nomination process and all information provided will not be used for any purpose beyond the scope of the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship program. Input to lengthy fields (such as the department head's supporting statement) may be provided by copy-and-paste from another document (Word or other text format).If the nominated student is awarded, you may be asked to provide additional documentation before payment is rendered. Details would be provided to you in those circumstances.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by the book, "Cellulite FACTOR" from Dr. Charles.
Dr. Charles has been helping men and women permanently eliminate cellulite for most of his professional career. In fact and through the course of several years of relentless testing and refinement, Dr. Charles developed a comprehensive cellulite-eliminating system from A-to-Z. From purging toxins to transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle, this incredible resource has everything you need to fight and win the battle against cellulite. Find More==>[http://www.cellulitefactor.com]
Your first paragraph ...