IAS-STS Fellowship Programme for International Researchers In Austria. Applications are open until 31 December 2013 for 2014/15. Applications are open until 31 December 2013 for 2014/15. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Level: Research Fellowship(The Institute for Advanced Studies offers international Research Fellowship (up to nine months’ stay) and Visiting Scholarship (around one month’s stay) at the IAS-STS.)
Field(s): The Fellowship programme 2014-2015 is dedicated to projects investigating the following issues: Gender – Technology–Environment, Life Sciences/Biotechnology, Sustainable and Innovative Public Procurement & Ecodesign, Towards Low-Carbon Energy Systems and Sustainable Food Systems.
Deadline: 31 December 2013 for 2014/15
Funded By: Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IAS-STS Fellowship Programme is targeted for International researchers.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Research fellowship is awarded for up to nine months and visiting scholarship is awarded for a shorter period, e.g. a month.
‣ Scholarship covers: The IAS-STS offers excellent research infrastructure. Close co-operation with researchers at the IFZ (Inter-University Research Centre for Technology, Work and Culture; see: www.ifz.aau.at), guest lectures, colloquia, workshops, and conferences provide an atmosphere of creativity and scholarly discussion. Applicants for a long-term fellowship (around a nine months’ stay) at the IAS-STS have the opportunity to apply for a grant to cover their living costs up to a maximum amount of 940 Euros per month. Applicants must provide evidence that their employer or other institution cannot supply funding.
IAS-STS Fellowship Programme
‣ The IAS-STS in Graz, Austria, promotes the interdisciplinary investigation of the links and interactions between science, technology and society, as well as technology assessment and research into the development and implementation of socially and environmentally sound technologies.
‣ Broadly speaking, the IAS-STS is an institute for the enhancement of science and technology studies.
‣ The IAS-STS invites researchers to apply for a stay between 1 October 2014 and 30 June 2015 as a Research Fellow (up to nine months); or Visiting Scholar (shorter period, e.g. a month).
‣ The IAS-STS offers excellent research infrastructure.
‣ Close co-operation with researchers at the IFZ (Inter-University Research Centre for Technology, Work and Culture;), guest lectures, colloquia, workshops, and conferences provide an atmosphere of creativity and scholarly discussion.
IAS-STS Fellowship Programme
‣ The IAS-STS is directed towards young scientists as well as senior scholars wishing to conduct research into the interrelationship between science, technology and society.
‣ Eligible candidates must have completed university or college studies. Preference is given to Fellowship applicants working on their dissertation or postdoctoral thesis.
‣ The IAS-STS is open to participants from all countries of origin and academic positions.
‣ In order to ensure an interdisciplinary structure and a wide variety of research methods, the Institute endeavours to appoint Research Fellows and Visiting Scholars from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds.
‣ Moreover, the IAS-STS aims to appoint an equal number of male and female researchers.
‣ Applications must be submitted by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are open until 31 December 2013.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
‣ Research Schloarships
‣ Austria Schloarships
‣ December Deadline