I Tatti Fellowships for International Applicants in Italy, and applications are submitted till October 15, 2017. Annually Villa I Tatti, The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies offers I Tatti Fellowships for postdoctoral research in Italian Renaissance in Italy. Fifteen fellowships are available for Italian Renaissance scholars from all nations. Fellows are selected by an international and interdisciplinary committee that welcomes applications from Italian Renaissance scholars from all nations. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Villa I Tatti, The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies | Italy
Level: postdoctoral research
Field(s): any aspect of the Italian Renaissance.
Deadline: October 15, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Funded By: Villa I Tatti, The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): I Tatti Fellowships are targeted for International applicants
‣ No. of awards: Fifteen I Tatti Fellowships, each for twelve months, are available annually for post-doctoral research in any aspect of the Italian Renaissance.
Tenure : The
Fellowship year runs from July 1 to June 30. Starting September 1,
Fellows are expected to spend at least three days a week at the Villa
and are required to live in Florence or the surrounding area. They
may not take on any other obligations such as teaching positions,
even part-time ones, during any part of their Fellowship year.
‣Value of Scholarship : Fellows are offered a study, use of the Biblioteca Berenson, lunches on weekdays, and various other privileges. The maximum stipend is $50,000, plus a supplement towards relocation expenses. There are several apartments on I Tatti property, rent free, but with charges for utilities. A housing subsidy is made available for Fellows who cannot be accommodated within the I Tatti Estate. If the candidate receives partial salary or outside grants, this must be explained on the application or in subsequent correspondence with the Director
‣ The I Tatti Fellowships project must represent advanced research in the Italian Renaissance, broadly defined as the period ranging from the 13th to the 17th centuries.
‣ Subjects covered include the architecture, history, literature, material culture, music, philosophy, religion, science, or visual arts of Italy.
can also apply to work on the transmission and circulation of ideas,
objects, and people during the Renaissance, into and beyond the
Italian peninsula, or the historiography of the Italian Renaissance,
including the rebirth of interest in the Renaissance in later
‣ It must be possible for applicants to carry out most of their research in Florence with the resources available in the city and at I Tatti.
‣ Applicants should discuss how their project relates to their earlier work and note that preference is given to scholars embarking on a new project rather than polishing a dissertation. Special consideration may be given to candidates without regular access to research materials and facilities available in Italy.
‣ The committee aims to assess the ability of candidates to contribute in a collegial way to the intellectual life of the Harvard Center. It pays special attention to the candidate’s curriculum vitae, the strength of the proposed project, and its potential to yield original results.
‣ At the time of application, scholars must hold a PhD, dottorato di ricerca, or an equivalent degree. They must be conversant in either English or Italian and able to understand both languages. They should be in the early stages of their career, having received a PhD between 2006-2015 and have a solid background in Italian Renaissance studies. (NB: The PhD certificate must bear a date between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2015, inclusive.)
‣ The Fellow is responsible to obtain a visa, permesso di soggiorno, and health coverage (and, if appropriate, for accompanying family members). The Fellow must determine if a visa is required and, if necessary, obtain one before travel.
‣ Renewals or repeats of I Tatti Fellowships are not granted. Scholars can apply to only one type of I Tatti Fellowship at a time.
‣ Late applications will not be accepted. Notification will be made at the beginning of February.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications for the I Tatti Fellowship are accepted exclusively online. These applications can be written in English or Italian and must be submitted electronically by midnight.
To apply, click here
‣ Applications for the I Tatti Fellowship are accepted exclusively online. These applications can be written in English or Italian and must be submitted electronically by midnight (Cambridge, MA time) on October 15, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Notification will be made at the beginning of February.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : The application deadline is October 15, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must have two scholars who know their work well submit recommendations online by October 22, 2017. These recommendations can be written in English or Italian. In order to give your referees adequate time to submit letters of recommendation, click the reference tab and register them as early as possible. Referees will receive an email explaining how to access the system and submit their letters electronically. It is the applicants’ responsibility to inform the scholars writing on their behalf of the nature of the project and the deadline for submission.
The Villa I Tatti Fellowship application link will be available in July 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by the book, "Cellulite FACTOR" from Dr. Charles. Dr. Charles has been helping men and women permanently eliminate cellulite for most of his professional career. In fact and through the course of several years of relentless testing and refinement, Dr. Charles developed a comprehensive cellulite-eliminating system from A-to-Z. From purging toxins to transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle, this incredible resource has everything you need to fight and win the battle against cellulite. Find More==>[http://www.cellulitefactor.com]