Human Development Fellowships for Developing Countries at IIAS in India, and applications are submitted till 15 April, 2015. The International Centre for Human Development is offering residential fellowships for mid-career and young professionals from eligible development countries. This residential fellowship programme is offered at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India for a period of three months (1 June-31 August 2015). The research and analytical work to be conducted during the Fellowship period should not involve empirical data collection and fieldwork. The Fellows will receive an amount of INR 50,000 per month for young professionals and INR 150,000 per month for mid-career professionals. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India | India.
Level: a three month residential fellowship programme
Field(s): The analytical work supported under the 2015 Human Development Fellowship programme should focus on a well-defined aspect of human development that could include, but need not be limited to, the following: Analysis of human development initiatives in a country that should be related to social protection or any other theme relevant to human development; Analysis and documentation of innovative interventions for human development in developing countries and undertake comparative analysis of human development policies across developing countries.
Deadline: 15 April 2015.
Funded By: The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Human Development Fellowships are targeted for Applicants from following countries are eligible for these residential fellowships: Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan,
Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe); Asia-Pacific (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, DPR Korea, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam); Europe and Central Asia (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Tajikistan, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowship is being offered for 3 months starting on June 1, 2015 and ending on August 31.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellows will receive an amount of INR 50,000 per month for young professionals and INR 150,000 per month for mid-career professionals. Free furnished residential shared accommodation will be provided at IIAS. Fellows are expected to cover the costs of meals and utilities. In addition, they will be eligible to return economy airfare from and to the country of residence.
‣ The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD) is pleased to announce a call for applications for its annual Human Development Fellowships programme on human development.
‣ These Fellowships encourage mid-career and young professionals (academics, researchers, civil servants, and development practitioners) to analyze different dimensions of human development to inform policy in developing countries.
‣ In doing so, the Fellowships aim to strengthen South South learning and experience sharing on human development practice and policy.
‣ This residential fellowship programme is offered at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India for a period of three months (1 June-31 August 2015).
‣ Familiarity with human development : Applicants should situate their proposed work within the framework of human development.
‣ Work experience: Mid-career professionals should have a minimum work experience of 10 years. Young professionals should have a minimum work experience of 3 years. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
‣ Age: Mid-career professionals should be between 36-45 years at the time of the closing date of applications. Young professionals should be between 25-35 years at the time of the closing date of the applications.
‣ Affiliation: Fellows of Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla and staff members of both IIAS and the United Nations are not eligible to apply.
‣ Education: A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline is desirable. Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse frequently in English.
‣ Nationality: Nationals of the countries listed are eligible to apply in their individual capacity.
‣ Shortlisted Human Development Fellowships candidates will be interviewed and a final decision will be communicated latest by 30 April 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Candidates must complete a formal application in English, including the following documents and submit it via email:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 April, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.