Huawei offers H. Maitree scholarship for Indian students tenable for the academic year 2013 – 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): credible and reputed institutions in China | China
Level: Graduate and Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Science and technology, culture and social studies and development related programs.
Deadline: 1st July, 2013
Funded by: Huawei
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is Open for Indian students.
Benefits(Inclusions / value):
‣ No. of Awards: Under this scholarship program, 10 scholarships will be provided every year to select Indian students for undergraduate and post graduate studies in China.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of scholarship will be for one academic year, renewable for every new academic session till the completion of the course. For renewal of scholarship, the recipient will have to satisfy the criteria of 80% marks in the previous academic year
Scholarship Covers: Each scholarship covers the student’s full tuition fee and living expenses for the duration of his or her study in China
‣ In its endeavor to foster the spirit of innovation and scholarship in every discipline, Huawei has instituted “Huawei-Maitree Scholarship Program 2013″ to aid Indian undergraduate and graduate students who wish to pursue higher studies in China.
‣ This initiative aims at bringing about a better understanding, appreciation and friendship between the youth of India and China.
‣ Under this scholarship program, 10 scholarships will be provided every year to select Indian students for undergraduate and post graduate studies in China.
‣ H.-Maitree believes that the scholarship would help the students dedicate themselves to the pursuit of excellence which would be instrumental in shaping their careers.
‣ Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the award of H. Maitree Scholarship tenable for the academic year 2013 – 2014 for aspiring graduate and post graduate studies in credible and reputed institutions in China preferably in the emerging areas of science and technology, culture and social studies and development related programs.
To qualify for Huawei Maitree Scholarship Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ must be Indian citizen, resident in India and up to 32 years of age as on April 1, 2013 in the year of the Scholarship.
‣ must not have any criminal charges pending in a court of law in India or elsewhere.
‣ should have a good academic track record.
‣ must have independently gained admission to a reputed University/College/Institution in China at the time of applying the Scholarship.
‣ must undertake not to avail of any other corporate or Government scholarship or assistance for the same programme of study in China.
Eligibility Criteria: The Candidate’s personality, aptitude and academic purpose will be important factors guiding the expert panel to the final selection.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online here only.
‣ The candidate should submit his application only online through Huaweischolarships.org, giving complete and accurate details about his/her school and university education, awards, post graduate research work, professional experience (if any) and a statement of purpose.
‣ The candidate should provide:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 1st July, 2013.
‣ Award winners will be announced in June 2013(India, USA, Russia and Brazil).
‣ For China award winners will be announced in August 2013. All the applications received will be placed before the Selection Committee.
‣ The Committee will, after screening the applications, shortlist candidates for the Final Interview. The Selection Committee comprises of individuals of repute and eminence.
‣ The decision for the annual award of Scholarships is based on the recommendations of the Selection Committee.
‣ The recommendations are made based on merit, character, aptitude and the purpose of the study.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: Huawei, Maitree, Scholarship , Program, China, Culture, Graduate, India, Postgraduate, Scholarship, Science, Social Studies, Technology, 2013, 24