HRSA NURSE Corps Scholarship Program in USA. Applications are invited for NURSE Corps Scholarship Program available for students who are enrolled and enrolling in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, including RN to BSN Bridge Program. Upon graduation, NURSE Corps Scholarship recipients work at these facilities for at least 2 years, earning the same competitive salary and benefits as any new hire. It is expected that approximately 235 awards will be made for the 2014-2015 academic year. As much as half of the award funds are reserved for students pursuing a master’s level nurse practitioner degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Diploma, Associate, Baccalaureate or Graduate Program at Accredited School of Nursing located in the U.S
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in nursing programs, including RN to BSN Bridge Program.
Funded By: The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): HRSA NURSE Corps Scholarship is targeted for Students of USA.
‣ Award No: For the 2014-2015 academic year, the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program is expected to be highly competitive. The program anticipates more applicants for scholarship awards than there are funds available. It is expected that approximately 235 awards will be made for the 2014-2015 academic year.
In the past, NURSE Corps Scholarship Program funds have only allowed for funding of individuals in the first funding preference. As much as half of the award funds are reserved for students pursuing a master’s level nurse practitioner degree.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The HRSA NURSE Corps ScholarshipProgram award and contract is for the 2014-2015 academic year (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015). Any funding provided after June 30, 2015, is considered another 10 contract year. Support will be provided during the academic years agreed to in the executed contracts (not to exceed 4 years), beginning with the 2014-2015 academic year and will be based on the cost of the initial school of record (i.e., the school attended at the time the initial contract is executed). Application funding may not be deferred. Awards are for consecutive academic terms.
‣ Scholarship covers: In exchange for a minimum 2-year service commitment at a critical shortage facility located in a HPSA, the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program pays: -tuition -eligible fees -other reasonable costs, such as books, clinical supplies/instruments and uniforms. -monthly stipend of ($1,302 for the 2014-2015 school year)
‣ HRSA NURSE Corps Scholarship Program enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, including RN to BSN Bridge Program to receive funding for tuition, fees and other educational costs in exchange for working at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility upon graduation.
‣ The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program is a selective program of the U.S. Government that helps alleviate the critical shortage of nurses currently experienced by certain types of health care facilities located in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
‣ Upon graduation, NURSE Corps Scholarship recipients work at these facilities for at least 2 years, earning the same competitive salary and benefits as any new hire.
‣ U.S. citizens (born or naturalized), nationals or lawful permanent residents
‣ enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a professional nursing degree program (baccalaureate, graduate, associate degree, or diploma) at accredited school of nursing located in the U.S.
‣ begin classes no later than September 30
‣ free from any Federal judgment liens
‣ free from existing service commitments
‣ not delinquent on a Federal debt
‣ Preference is given to qualified applicants with the greatest financial need who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate nursing program or Master’s nurse practitioner program as full-time students.
‣ Awards are subject to the availability of funds. Applicants selected for an award will receive notice no later than August 31, 2014.
‣ Applicants not selected for an award will be notified no later than September 30, 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to applyonline.(https://programportal.hrsa.gov/extranet/application/ncsp/login.seam;jsessionid=E6E838966C1EC2D6829E73A8DA233C47.node3)
‣ The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program application consists of
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 22, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...