Horizon Scholarship. Australia is one of the major agricultural producers and exporters in the world. Agriculture in Australia contributes around 12 percent of the GDP. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: Undergraduate Scholarships
Field(s): Agricultural Science, Rural Science, Livestock/Animal Science,Veterinary Science, Agribusiness, Plant Science
Deadline: 31st January, 2014
Funded By: The Horizon scholarship
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): scholarships is open for Australian citizen or permanent resident entering their first year of university (with a maximum two year gap between high school and tertiary study),
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship covers: The H scholarship, an initial step of Rural Industries R&D Corporation, in partnership with industry offers $5000 per year for the period of university degree.
‣ Australia is one of the major agricultural producers and exporters in the world. Agriculture in Australia contributes around 12 percent of the GDP.
‣ Agriculture offers nearly all spirited and diversified number of vocation lines of any industry in Australia. There is extremely diverse range of employment for university graduates in the field of agriculture.
‣ Due to rapid increase in population, there will be pressure on agricultural production to feed the rapidly growing population and there is also variation in climatic conditions which are affecting productivity, therefore, soon agriculture will become an increasingly significant career line including new technology and innovation.
‣ The Horizon scholarship has been established to encourage the next generation leaders of agriculture, who will take up the farming sector as career for future.
‣ This scholarship is for young and enthusiastic people who are keenly passionate about agriculture and ambitious to work in the industries in future and who are ready to upgrade their networks and learn new expertise.
‣ It is a government scholarship with a purpose to induce intermediates into agriculture related universities.
‣ The Horizon scholarship, an initial step of Rural Industries R&D Corporation, in partnership with industry offers $5000 per year for the period of university degree.
‣ This scholarship also provides annual industry work placements for students and will help them to understand modern agriculture practices, access to industry leaders, etc.
‣ While announcing the scholarship Mr. Burns said, “We are looking for young people who are passionate about agriculture, with a keen interest in the future of our industries and who are ready to expand their networks and learn new skills”.
‣ “I have been involved in many activities stemming directly from the scholarship, including participating in various workshops and conferences,” current horizon scholar said.
To apply for this Horizon Scholarship, candidates must
‣ be an Australian citizen or permanent resident entering their first year of university (with a maximum two year gap between high school and tertiary study),
‣ studying a degree related to agriculture, such as:
‣ Scholarship receivers will be chosen on the basis of their loyalty towards a career in agriculture, as well as their leadership potential and high school academic record.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are going to close on 31st January, 2014 and short-listed applicants should be ready for telephonic interview on 21 and 22 February, 2014.
‣ The winners of scholarship will be announced late in February, 2014.
You may also like
‣ Agricultural Scholarships