Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme International Students. Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong offers PhD Scholarships for International Students in Hong Kong. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): 8 Universities indicated on the study field below | Hong Kong
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Baptist University, Lingnan University, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and The University of Hong Kong.
Deadline: City University of Hong Kong-10 December 2013,Hong Kong Baptist University-2 December 2013, Lingnan University-3 December 2013, The Chinese University of Hong Kong-2 December 2013, The Hong Kong Institute of Education-5 December 2013, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University-5 December 2013, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology-4 December 2013 and The University of Hong Kong-December 2, 2013.
Funded By: Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: More than 200 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2014/15 academic year.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Scholarships are offered for up to three years,
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$240,000 (approximately US$30,000) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of up to three years. More than 200 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2014/15 academic year*. For awardees who need more than three years to complete their PhD studies, additional support may be provided by the chosen institutions. For details, please contact the institutions concerned directly.
‣ Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme,
(a) Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight institutions, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
(b) Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
‣ While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
‣ Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain a HKPFS Reference Number by 2 December 2013 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired institutions.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Fellowship, Hong Kong, International, PhD