Scholarship for International Students at Herdecke University in
Germany, and applications are submitted till 15 September 2016.
Herdecke University is inviting applications for scholarship for
international students. The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend
of €700 for a maximum tenure of 24 months. Scholarships are
available for pursuing degree program at Herdecke University. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Herdecke University, Germany
Level: pursuing degree program
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the Herdecke University.
Deadline: 15 September 2016
Funded By: Herdecke University, Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Hochschulwerk Scholarship is targeted for International students
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Scholarships are offered for a maximum tenure of 24 months.
‣Value of Scholarship : The scholarship comprises a monthly stipend of €700.- for a maximum tenure of 24 months.
‣ Herdecke University (UW/H) is a private university in Witten, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It was the first German private institution of higher education to receive accreditation as a "Universität", a status recognizing the university's academic quality equivalent to state-run universities and granting the right to award doctorates and the German Habilitation.
‣ Its foundation and history has been marked by often controversial debates and significant difficulties to establish the new university in the German educational system. In 1995 Times Higher Education noted that the university was considered by some "an idealistic model for the future of German higher education and [by] others ... a carbuncle on the country's fiercely state-dominated university landscape".
‣ Today Witten/Herdecke University has succeeded to be recognized as one of Germany's few private universities considered 'Humboldtian' and as a role model in terms of course structures, integration of practical and theoretical training and innovative approaches to payment of tuition fees. In 2012 more than 1300 students are enrolled at the University of Witten/Herdecke and it has a staff of 400 people. Recent difficulties in securing private funding and frequent changes in management have shaken the university in the last years and resulted in comprehensive restructuring and the integration of new shareholders.
‣ The Hochschulwerk of Witten/Herdecke University (UW/H) is proud to announce its new Scholarship for International Students from Lower Income Countries.
Hochschulwerk Scholarship is financed by the students of
Witten/Herdecke University through their contributions to the
Hochschulwerk, the funds are administered by the Sozialausschuss
(Social Committee of the Student Union).
‣ Nationality of a lower income country (annual GDP/capita less than 10.000,00 $)
‣ Successful application for a degree programme at UW/H
‣ Personal need of funding (to be confirmed by the Social Committee)
Scholarship Application Method
‣ We do not give out any information on how to apply to the University Witten/Herdecke or to what programs are offered. For this information, please visit our website.
‣ You may apply to this scholarship by sending the following documents to Dagmar.Koch@uni-wh.de
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 September 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.