HFML International Fellowship in Netherlands , and applications are submitted till 31 December 2014. The Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter (FOM) invites application for international fellowship available for postdoctoral candidates to establish their own intensive research programme at High Field Magnet Laboratory (HFML). Fellows will be employed by the FOM Foundation for a fixed period of four years, accordingly followed by a possible permanent employment/for a permanent position. Salary will be up to a maximum of 4.439 euro gross per month, depending on applicant’s level of experience. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for research programme involving high magnetic fields and to perform cutting-edge experiments at the HFML. Research programme is based around three major research themes: Strongly Correlated Electron Systems; Semiconductors & Nanostructures and Soft Condensed Matter & Nanomaterials.
Deadline: 31 December 2014.
Funded By: Radboud University Nijmegen and the Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter (FOM)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): HFML International Fellowship is targeted for Foreign and Dutch applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellows will be employed by the FOM Foundation for a fixed period of four years, accordingly followed by a possible permanent employment/for a permanent position
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowships include an excellent employment package, the necessary funding to cover travel expenses, day-to-day consumables and publication charges. Salary will be up to a maximum of 4.439 euro gross per month, depending on your level of experience.
‣ The HFML International Fellowship scheme has been set up to offer excellent, highly-motivated post-doctoral candidates the opportunity to establish their own intensive research programme involving high magnetic fields and to perform cutting-edge experiments at the HFML for a period of four years.
‣ Two notable features of the Fellowship programme is that each Fellow will be offered a PhD student during their four-year appointment as well an additional four years of funding beyond the term of the Fellowship (provided that he/she has secured a tenure-track position elsewhere) to enable the Fellow and his or her group members to return to the HFML to carry out further high-field experiments.
‣ As a candidate, you are expected to demonstrate a strong scientific background, typically manifest in an excellent PhD and postdoctoral performance with publications in renowned journals combined with the vision and motivation to deliver world-leading research.
‣ Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
‣ Please use the online form for applications.
‣ Please quote vacancy number 62.80.14.
‣ The following documents should be included:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 December 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.