Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Germany , and applications are submitted till March 31, 2015. Helmholtz Zentrum München, a German Research Center for Environmental Health invites talented postdocs for its Postdoctoral Fellowship program. Postdocs who are accepted into this three-year program receive 3-year fully funded postdoctoral positions and can focus on a research project in an institute of the Center. In addition to a modular training program for acquiring leadership qualifications, the fellows will receive intensive support for external grant acquisition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: postdocs to undertake a research project at Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen in Germany.
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in the following research fields: Public Health, Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Diseases, Lung Diseases, Neurological and Psychiatric Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Infectious Diseases and Immunology and Environmental Health.
Deadline: March 31, 2015.
Funded By: Helmholtz Zentrum München – German Research Center for Environmental Health
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Applicants of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Up to ten fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Talented postdocs who are accepted into the three-year program receive 3-year fully funded postdoctoral positions and can focus on a research project in an institute of the Center.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fully funded postdoctoral positions are available. In addition to a modular training program for acquiring leadership qualifications, the fellows will receive intensive support for external grant acquisition. If a fellow succeeds in acquiring a grant, he/she will receive additional funding (equal e.g. to half a technician’s position) through the program.
‣ The Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen Postdoctoral Fellowship is a newly established program for excellent early-career scientists (up to 3 years after graduation) at Helmholtz Zentrum München – German Research Center for Environmental Health.
‣ Talented postdocs who are accepted into the three-year program receive 3-year fully funded postdoctoral positions and can focus on a research project in an institute of the Center.
‣ An experienced research mentor and a personal coach will create an individual career plan together with the fellows and prepare them for their next career step in scientific leadership positions.
‣ Depending on the fellow’s personal career goal, the focus will be on careers in academic research or industry.
‣ Parental leave of up to two years can be acknowledged. Graduate students may only apply if their doctoral thesis has already been handed in and if they will receive their doctoral degree by the start of the program (November 2015).
‣ Language: The official language within the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is English, and applicants should be fluent in written and spoken English.
‣ For applicants who are non-native English speakers, it is profitable to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the English language by acceptable results in an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS). German language skills are not required, but interested fellows will be offered opportunities to take German language classes at the Center.
Selection Criteria for Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen Postdoctoral Fellowship
‣ Based on the candidates’ scientific presentations and the structured interviews with them, the appointing committee will admit up to ten candidates to the program.
Notification for Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen Postdoctoral Fellowship
‣ The appointing committee will invite the best applicants to the interview days on June 17-19, 2015 in Munich.
‣ Full details about the interview procedure will be sent to the invited candidates. Accommodation in Munich will be provided by Helmholtz Zentrum München, and travel expenses will be reimbursed (receipts must be provided).
‣ Successful applicants will receive an email with the decision of the appointing committee by the end of June 2015.
‣ Applications may only be submitted via online application portal.
‣ All entries on the application form must be in English.
‣ Documents shall be uploaded.
‣ The center will accept certificates in English and German. The following documents must be uploaded as pdf files (max. size of all uploads is 4 MB):
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 31, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.