Helmholtz International Fellow Award for Excellent Researchers and Science Managers , and applications are submitted till 8th April 2014. Helmholtz Association is offering fellow award for excellent researchers and science managers based outside Germany. German or international researchers who are based abroad and who do not have an employment contract with a Helmholtz Centre are eligible for funding. The award will give fellows the opportunity to pursue research flexibly at one or more Helmholtz Centres where cooperation already exists or would be useful and profitable in the future. In 2014 up to 10 Helmholtz International Fellow Awards can be awarded. The Fellow Award provides funding of €20,000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the fields relevant to the Helmholtz Association, including science management at large international research institutions
Deadline: The application deadlines are 8th April 2014 (for selection during the Helmholtz President’s Council meeting on 20 May 2014) and 21 October 2014 (for selection during the Helmholtz President’s Council meeting on 02 December 2014).
Funded By: Helmholtz Association
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):Helmholtz International Fellow Award is targeted for German or international researchers who are based abroad and who do not have an employment contract with a Helmholtz Centre are eligible for this fellow award
‣ Award No: In 2014 up to 10 Helmholtz International Fellow Awards can be awarded.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Helmholtz International Fellow Award provides funding of €20,000.
‣ Cooperation with the world’s best researchers is a key objective of the Helmholtz Association’s international activities.
‣ To this end, the organisation has also committed itself to an internationalisation strategy within the framework of the Joint Initiative for Research and Innovation.
‣ The Helmholtz International Fellow Award aims to intensify existing cooperation between Helmholtz Centres and international research institutes and to further strengthen the links between Helmholtz researchers and outstanding colleagues abroad.
‣ Another aim is to further increase the international visibility of the Helmholtz Association as an excellent research institute and an attractive cooperation partner.
‣ The association also hopes to achieve a multiplier effect. Helmholtz International Fellows can serve as ambassadors for the Helmholtz Association and promote new links and cooperation with their country of origin and/or home institute.
‣ The most important criteria are the researcher’s academic performance and the compatibility of his/her research field or project with the activities of the proposed Helmholtz Centre.
‣ Priority will be given to individuals who are already working successfully with the Helmholtz Centres.
‣ Successful applicants will be informed immediately after the meeting and will be able to visit a Helmholtz Research Centre and start their research shortly afterwards.
‣ The directors of the Helmholtz Centres will submit nominations proposed by Helmholtz researchers or in some cases by groups such as the scientific advisory boards following an internal selection process to the president of the Helmholtz Association.
‣ Applications may be submitted at any time before the relevant deadline. The Helmholtz Association’s head office will assess the applications in terms of formal criteria and content.
‣ The applications will then be discussed at a meeting of the Helmholtz Präsidium. This committee will select the best candidates from the nominations received. The Helmholtz Association plans to hold two selection meetings in 2014.
‣ Applications must be fully completed and submitted at least six weeks in advance of the meeting in order to be considered. There is no application form.
‣ However, applications should include the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadlines are 8th April 2014 (for selection during the Helmholtz President’s Council meeting on 20 May 2014) and 21 October 2014 (for selection during the Helmholtz President’s Council meeting on 02 December 2014).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You am also like