Helmholtz Graduate School is offering PhD Programme for International students at Max-Delbrück-Centrum für Molekulare Medizin (MDC). Full details:
School (Host Institution| Country): Max-Delbrück-Centrum für Molekulare Medizin | Germany
Level: Doctoral (PhD) Program
Field(S): The subject areas in this scholarship program are Cardiovascular & Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology & Immunology, Neurobiology, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Structural Biology.
Deadline: 15 February 2013.
Funded by: Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Freie Universität Berlin and Charité Berlin medical faculty
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is open for International Students.
Benefits( value/ Inclusions): Please visit their website for the details.
‣ The Helmholtz Graduate School “Molecular Cell Biology” is a collaboration between the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Freie Universität Berlin and Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin medical faculty.
‣ The university offers alongside outstanding research training, an interdisciplinary platform for structured PhD training to all doctoral students at the MDC.
‣ The graduate school currently supports 350 PhD students, one third of whom come from abroad. The programme combines academic research, education and training from accomplished professors and researchers, access to high-end technology and collaborations, all within the campus.
‣ Research training is supplemented with teaching lectures in the main research areas, methods workshops, introductions to new technologies, soft-skills courses and opportunities for career development to foster the personal and scientific development of our students.
To be eligible for Helmholtz Graduate School International PhD Program , candidates need to meet the following requirements:
‣ Applicants are required to hold (or obtain within 6 months of the interview week) a university degree equivalent to a German Diploma (score at least ‘Gut’,or MSc (75%) with research thesis.
‣ Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date.
‣ A provisional certificate from the University, stating the examination marks already obtained, should be provided. Language skills
‣ Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English.
‣ German language skills are not required, but international students will be offered German language courses at the MDC.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by February 15, 2013.
‣ Applicants will be informed within 5 weeks of the application deadline whether you are invited for interviews to Berlin.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ The application link is also found at the official website.
You may also like