Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships for German and International Students , and applications are submitted till 1 March and 1 September. Applications are open for Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarships available for German and international students. The foundation grant scholarships to approximately 1,000 for pursuing undergraduate, graduate & doctoral programme in all subjects offered at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany. There are two types of scholarships i.e. student scholarship and doctoral scholarship which is offered for those students who gained their university entrance qualification in Germany to study in Germany or EU country and for those students who gained their university entrance qualification outside of Germany to pursue studies in Germany. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | German (German students can pursue their higher studies in Germany or an EU country)
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany.
Deadline: 1 March and 1 September
Funded By: The Heinrich Boll Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships are targeted for Students of all nationalities
‣ Award No: The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates and doctoral students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Not Known
‣ The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’).
‣ They expect scholarship ( Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships ) recipients to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
To apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships , applicants should meet the following criteria
(A) Applicants for an undergraduate or graduate scholarship, German nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen (1): Applications are open to students in all subjects who are pursuing a first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) and who earned their university entrance qualification (2) in Germany:
‣ You may apply before beginning your first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”.
‣ Masters students cannot apply, because we aim to support students over the longer term. However, Bachelors students who have been awarded support may receive further support for a Masters course.
‣ Special (but not exclusive) target groups are: first-generation students, women, members of ethnic minorities, or applicants from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen).
‣ Scholarship programme also focuses (but not exclusively) on certain subjects: especially the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), particularly with a focus on environmental science (e.g. environmental protection, renewable energies, climate, etc.); economic and legal studies; journalism; and art studies.
‣ Germans and Bildungsinländer/innen may receive funding for a complete Bachelors programme outside Germany but within the EU. In this case, the application must include a detailed justification of the proposed location and subject.
Student scholarship – journalism: “Medienvielfalt, anders: Junge Migrantinnen und Migranten in den Journalismus” (for German nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen):
‣ This programme is aimed at German or German-educated students with a migration
background who wish to become journalists. Funding is not limited to students following journalism studies programmes.
‣ You may apply before beginning your study programme or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”. The conditions outlined in A.1. apply.
(B) Applicants for a doctoral scholarship (PhD): These include:
‣ Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany (Germans nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen):
‣ At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country.
‣ Preference will be given to dissertation projects related to the working areas of the Heinrich Böll Foundation
Selection Criteria for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
‣ The scholarships will be awarded on excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via Online Application
‣ Please note: We accept only online applications
1. Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round
2. Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
3. Register for the online application portal
4. Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
5. After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 March and 1 September .
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
2018, Scholarships, germany, Graduate, International, PhD, Free scholarships, Undergraduate