Harvard Academy for International and Area studies offers pre and postdoctoral fellowships for international students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): the Harvard A for International and Area Studies in USA |USA
Level: Pre and Postdoctoral degree
Field(s): Fellowships are provided in the field of African Studies, Anthropology Asian Studies, Classics, East Asian Languages and Civilizations, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Global Health, Government, History, History of Science—non-Western, Inner Asian and Altaic Studies, International Relations, Latin American and Iberian Studies, Law, Linguistics—non-English, Medieval Studies—non-Western, Middle East Studies, Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations, Political Economy and Government, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy, Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, Sanskrit and Indian Studies, Slavic Languages and Civilization, Social Policy, Social Studies, Sociology, South Asian Studies, Southeast Asian Studies,
Ukrainian Studies, Women, Gender, & Sexuality—non-Western offered by the university.
Deadline: October 1, 2013.
Funded By: Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship swill be offered for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Post Doctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $65,000, and predoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $31,000. This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
‣ The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences (including history and law) with a command of the language, history, or culture of non-Western countries or regions.
‣ Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
‣ The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in non-Western cultures or regions shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
‣ Academy Scholars are appointed for two years by the Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies and are provided time, guidance, and access to Harvard University facilities.
‣ They receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas.
‣ The Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
‣ The Academy Scholars Program is open to scholars from all countries and citizenships. -applicants who are already enrolled in or who have recently completed a PhD or equivalent doctoral program in the social sciences.
‣ Predoctoral candidates must have finished all field research and be at the writing stage of their dissertation at the time of application.
‣ If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline.
‣ It is not necessary to apply specifically as a predoctoral or postdoctoral candidate, as the Selection Committee considers all applicants in one applicant pool.
‣ Finalists must be available to travel for personal interview for a December interview date.
‣ The Harvard Academy will arrange and pay for all travel and hotel accommodations for the finalists to interview in Cambridge, MA.
‣ Selection to the Harvard A is very competitive.
‣ The number of Academy Scholars selected each year depends upon the plans of the other Academy Scholars at the Harvard Academy.
‣ Each Academy Scholar is awarded four terms of residence, with stipend, at the Harvard Academy.
‣ The four terms must be taken within four years of the fall term after the initial selection. Since patterns of attendance change, the number of Harvard Academy Scholars chosen in any selection cohort varies.
‣ Finalists will be invited to Cambridge for interviews with the Senior Scholars in December 5, 2013.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications for the next class of Academy Scholars are due October 1 each year.
‣ There is no application form.
‣ The following materials are required for a complete application:
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Fellowships, International, Postdoctoral, USA