Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation offers scholarship for graduate students in the USA. The foundation awards up to $30,000 toward a public service-related graduate degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): US Universities | USA
Level: Graduate Degree
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for a public service-related graduate degree. The Foundation has supported Truman Scholars in many fields of study, from agriculture, biology, engineering, technology, medicine, and environmental management, to fields such as economics, education, government, history, international relations, law, political science, public administration, nonprofit management, public health and public policy.
Deadline: February 4, 2014.
Funded By: The Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for United States citizen or a United States national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (Resident aliens (green card holders) are not eligible.) Students.
‣ Award No: In 2014, one scholarship will be available to a qualified resident nominee in each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and, considered as a single entity, the Islands: Guam, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. (Residency is generally determined by home address for school registration, family’s primary residence, and voter registration.) The Foundation may select up to 15 at-large Scholars in 2014.
‣ Scholarship covers:
The Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation provides:
‣ The Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation – the federal memorial to our thirty-third President – awards merit-based scholarships to college students who plan to pursue careers in government or elsewhere in public service.
‣ Truman Scholars receive up to $30,000 for graduate or professional school, participate in leadership development activities, and have special opportunities for internships and employment with the federal government.
‣ Each nominee for the Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation must be:
‣ The Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation scholarships will be awarded on merit-basis.
‣ The criteria includes: Extensive record of campus and community service; Commitment to a career in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors; Communication skills and a high probability of becoming a “change agent”; and Strong academic record with likely acceptance to the graduate school of the candidate’s choice.
‣ Applicants will be notified in February 28, 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The Institution of Higher Education. Candidates must first be nominated by the Truman Faculty Representative at their institution.
‣ Each accredited four-year institution may nominate up to four students for the 2014 awards.
‣ Four-year institutions may also nominate three additional students who completed their first two years at a community college.
‣ Institutions may nominate candidates who are participating in junior year abroad programs.
‣ Participation by Two-Year institutions.
‣ Two-year institutions may nominate up to four former students who, by February 4, 2014, will be enrolled as full-time students with junior-level academic standing at accredited four-year institutions.
‣ The Truman Faculty Representative. The president of each participating institution appoints a Truman Faculty Representative who establishes a process to select the institution’s nominees.
‣ Candidates typically undergo an on-campus selection process to become one of the institution’s nominees.
‣ Faculty Representatives also help nominees prepare for the competition and submit the nomination materials to the Foundation by the specified deadline via our online application process.
‣ Interested persons should visit www.truman.gov to find a Faculty Representative at a particular institution or to obtain guidance on establishing a Faculty Representative at an institution.
‣ The application and nomination materials. Once a Faculty Representative has decided to nominate a student, he or she must log in to the Foundation website and complete a Nomination Form.
‣ The candidate will then receive an email from the Foundation with the instructions on how to access the online application. In the meantime, candidates may use the sample application on the website as a guide.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 04 February 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Graduate, Scholarship, USA