Harkness Fellowships are offered by Commonwealth Fund for mid-career professionals—academic researchers, clinicians, managers, government policymakers and journalists to conduct one year research study on critical issue on the health policy agenda in both the USA and applicant’s home country. Full details:
School(Institutions/Country): | USA and Applicant’s home country.
Field(s): Health Care Policy and Practice discipline.
Deadline: 2014-15 Harkness Application deadlines: Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom: September 16, 2013. Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden: November 18, 2013
Funded by: Commonwealth Fund
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Harkness Fellowships is targeted for the citizens of Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and UK
‣ Award No: Up to 16 Fellows are selected annually, typically three from Australia and New Zealand, three from Germany, two from the Netherlands, one from Norway, one from Sweden, one from Canada, and four from the United Kingdom.
‣ Scholarship Duration:up to 12 months
‣ Scholarship Covers: Each Harkness Fellowship provides up to U.S. $119,000.
This amount covers:
‣ The Commonwealth Fund’s Harkness Fellowships in Health Care Policy and Practice provide a unique opportunity for mid-career health services researchers and practitioners from Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom to spend up to 12 months in the United States, conducting original research and working with leading U.S. health policy experts.
‣ Harkness Fellowships are designed for mid-career professionals who are committed to advancing health policy and practice in The Commonwealth Fund’s principal areas of interest: improving health insurance coverage and access to care; and improving the quality and efficiency of health care services.
‣ Projects may include comparisons between the United States and the applicant’s home country.
‣ Fellowships are not awarded to support study for academic degrees.
‣ All applicants must:
‣ Candidates are selected based on their qualifications and leadership potential;
‣ their commitment to improving health care through research and practice;
‣ the quality of their research proposal; the relevance of their proposed research to the Fund’s areas of interest and to policy development in their home country;
‣ and the strength of their supporting letters.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All candidates must complete a formal application, including:
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: 2014-15 Harkness Application deadlines: Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom: September 16, 2013. Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden: November 18, 2013.
‣ Selection of 2014-15 Harkness Fellows will be conducted during December 2013 – January 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like