Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowships in Japan, and applications are submitted till October 31, 2014. The Hakuho Foundation is awarding research fellowships for international researchers (non-Japanese) working in the fields of Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture. Applicants must have sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research and interact in Japanese. Around 10–15 fellows will be invited each year. Long-term (12-month) and short-term (6-month) fellowships are available. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level: Fellowships are available to conduct residential research with the cooperation of one of the following receiving organizations: International Research Center for Japanese Studies, Kyoto University, National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics, Ochanomizu University, Ritsumeikan University, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies and Waseda University.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for Japanese language and Japanese language education research and Japanese literature and Japanese culture research
Deadline: October 31, 2014.
Funded By: The Hakuho Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Hakuho Foundation Japanese
Research Fellowships are targeted for International (non-Japanese) researchers
‣ Award No: Around 10–15 fellows will be invited each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Long-term fellowships for 12-month (September 1, 2015–August 31, 2016) and short-term fellowships are for 6-month (Round 1: September 1, 2015–February 29, 2016; Round 2: March 1, 2016–August 31, 2016).
‣ Scholarship covers: -Airfares: Return economy class air tickets -Relocation allowance: 300,000 yen -Residential research expenses: 300,000 yen per month -Housing subsidy: up to 150,000 yen per month -International travelers’ illness and injury insurance
‣ With the goals of further strengthening the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening international understanding of Japan through researchers’ activities, the Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship invites leading international researchers of the Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature and Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research.
‣ Have sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research and interact in Japanese
‣ Be non-Japanese nationals residing outside of Japan -(Researchers with Japanese nationality who have resided outside Japan for 10 years or more and are active in the academic community, etc., of their current country of residence will also be considered)
‣ Be able to stay in Japan continuously for the duration of the Fellowship period
‣ Applicants will be notified in early March 2015.
‣ Applicants should apply by post.
‣ obtain Application Guide, Application Form and Letter of Recommendation.
‣ Fill in the Application Form
‣ Have the person recommending you for this Program fill in the Letter of Recommendation
‣ Prepare Japanese translation of the Letter of Recommendation (if written in a language other than Japanese) -Send the above documents to the designated address by mail
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 31, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.