Guest Scholarship Programme for candidates from the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Swedish Institute is offering 20 postdoctoral research positions to carry research at Swedish universities and research institutes for the academic year 2014/2015. Applications are open until 15th January 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):Swedish universities and research institutes | Sweden
Field(s): The following disciplines only are eligible during this call for applications: Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, Technology, Environmental Science related to Agricultural Sciences or Natural Sciences or Technology.
Deadline: 15th January 2014.
Funded By: Swedish Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Guest Scholarship Programme is targeted for candidates from the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships will be granted for long-term visits (6, 9 or 12 months) during the academic year 2014/ 2015 (1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015).
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship amounts to SEK 18,000 per month. The scholarship includes one travel grant of SEK 15,000 and insurance coverage. The scholarship cannot be prolonged or extended. Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period. The scholarship is designed to cover living costs for the scholarship holder. There are no grants for family members. No funding for bench fees is provided. The granted scholarship period cannot be altered or extended. In case of a postponed arrival date, the scholarship period can be.
‣ The programme aims at strengthening and developing research relevant to capacity building and fighting poverty in programme countries.
‣ An estimated 20 Guest Scholarship Programme will be offered for the academic year 2014/2015. The programme provides researchers with aPhD degree with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities and research institutes.
‣ Priority will be given to applicants with a PhD degree from 2009 or later. All Swedish Institute scholarship holders are invited to become members of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders; a network which offers unique opportunities during and after the stay in Sweden.
‣ Together with other talented people from all around the world, the scholarship holder is invited to take part in a variety of events, exchange ideas and create networks which benefit both career and personal development.
Have what it takes Guest Scholarship Programme?
‣ The scholarships are intended for holders of a PhD degree within any of the above-mentioned disciplines eligible for 2014/2015 for full-time research in Sweden.
‣ The applicant is not eligible for this scholarship if any of the following is true: -Has already lived in Sweden for two or more years when the scholarship period is due to begin.
‣ Already has a Swedish permanent residence permit.
‣ Applicants who have previously been awarded a scholarship from SI for study or research at a Swedish university will not be given priority.
‣ The next call for applications for the academic year 2015/2016 will be open for the following disciplines only: Business and Social Sciences, Health and Medicine, Environmental Science related to Social Sciences.
‣ The primary evaluation of the application takes into account the applicant’s academic background and personal motivation, the research quality and expertise in the project field of the host department, and the strength of the research proposal: its scientific quality, originality, methodological approach and relevance.
‣ In the final selection of candidates SI will also consider factors like distribution on academic fields and between universities, purpose of study and gender. Priority will be given to applicants with a PhD degree from 2009 or later.
‣ Decisions will be finalized at the beginning of May 2014. Scholarship offers will be sent to successful candidates who will be asked to respond to (accept/reject) the offer within 14 days.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Agricultural Sciences, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Environmental Science, Ethiopa, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique. Natural Sciences, Postdoctoral, research, Rwanda, Schloarship, Sweden, Tanzania, Technology, Uganda, Zambia
Your first paragraph ...