GSLS PhD Fellowships for International Students in Germany and applications are submitted till 23th September 2016. Each year the Graduate School of Life Sciences offers multiple PhD fellowships. Fellowships are open for International Students. These fellowships include a stipend for a three year period as well as a small budget for travel costs, consumables and similar expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
are provided within Graduate School of Life Sciences.
School of Life Sciences, University of Würzburg
Groups): GSLS PhD Fellowships is
targeted for International students.
Graduate School of Life Sciences offers multiple PhD fellowships each
‣ Scholarship Duration: These fellowships include a stipend for a period of three years.
-an international (working language English) and widely
visible research environment
-three years of tax-free personal
fellowship (1468 EUR/month)
-your own research grant covering
research expenses of your PhD project and travel money to attend
conferences (5000 EUR/year)
-the freedom to choose your lab,
project and mentors – provided that there is mutual agreement –
in one of the sections of the GSLS
supervision and mentoring by a thesis committee of three principal
investigators (including a special mentoring program for female
-a strong network of peers
scientific and professional skills training
program for medical graduates
‣ The Graduate School of Life Sciences offers multiple GSLS PhD Fellowships each year.
‣ These fellowships include a stipend for a three year period as well as a small budget for travel costs, consumables and similar expenses.
‣ The application process for the GSLS Fellowships is two tiered, starting with a screening of all applications submitted followed by interviews (either personal or through video chat, depending on the location of the applicant).
‣ passion for research and practical experience in this area
Scholarship Application Method
Application for the GSLS fellowships works as follows:
1. Register online here. Please follow the guidelines. If you have any technical problems, please contact email@example.com. All non-technical, fellowship-related questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Carefully fill out the application form and upload all required documents.
3. Application deadline: 23rd September 2016
4. Notification about whether or not you are invited for an interview will be sent out by the end of October 2016.
5. Do not ask your referees to send letters right now. Only ask your referees AFTER a notification that you were invited for an interview AND wait for our instructions. In this way we avoid hundreds of letters that are written in vain.
6. Selected applicants from Europe (or travelling in Europe at that time) will be invited for an interview in Würzburg in November/December 2016 (travel subsidies available). International applicants from outside Europe will be interviewed by video conferencing.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 23th September 2016.
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how
to apply for